Two men were seriously hurt in a crash that closed part of a main road in Cumbria this morning.
- Town saved from £4m flood damage (2 comments)
- Pow Beck report will soon go public (2 comments)
- Extra places after popularity of Cumbrian academy soars
- Churches likely to close due to costs
- Let county councils have a say on burying N-waste, DECC told (5 comments)
- New budget will see rise in parking and cemetery costs (2 comments)
- Councillor hits out at wind turbine applicants ‘threatening to appeal’ (2 comments)
This month has seen a milestone in our 162-year history as we changed the format of our print edition from a broadsheet to compact.
BOUFFANTS, beehives, back-combing and bobs.
YOUR questions about the referendum for an elected mayor answered.
Youngsters took part in fun Buddies sessions at Orgill School during school half term. View our slideshow and order prints from our photosales website www.whitehaven-news.co.uk/pictures
FOUR members of St Bees Triers running club were on a training exercise as they prepared for the club's 24 hour 'Climb Everest Challenge' on Dent Fell.
CLICK HERE FOR A ROUND-UP OF ALL THIS WEEK'S NEWS: NEWS ROUND-UP
All Whitehaven's Co-operative Championship and Challenge Cup fixtures and results for 2014.
THE carnivals of yesteryear were certainly lavish affairs. Take a step back in time and look at some images from the 1920s and 1930s that demonstrate how the crowds turned out for this annual highlight of the summer months