Whitehaven man's firearm trial adjourned
Published at 11:19, Thursday, 13 December 2012
TONY Harvey, 23, of Whitehaven, has been remanded in custody on firearm charges pending Crown Court trial.
Harvey, of Crummock Avenue, is accused of possessing a firearm – a sawn-off shotgun – and ammunition. He is also charged with having the weapon in his possession before a period of five years from the date of his prison release was up.
The case was adjourned until January 2.
The charges follow an incident at Windermere Road, Woodhouse, on Saturday (December 8) to which police were called.
Two other Whitehaven men, 27-year-old Lee Blinco of Copeland Avenue, and 24-year-old John Pears of Lakeland Avenue have been charged with police obstruction and bailed to attend West Cumbria magistrates court on January 2 and December 19, respectively.A man in his 30s and a woman in her 20s were released without charge.
Published by http://www.whitehavennews.co.uk
- Two teachers suspended from Barrow school (11 comments)
- Last-minute agony for Barrow Raiders (4 comments)
- UPDATE SUNDAY 2.40PM: A595 closed in Cumbria - roadworks location switched (1 comment)
- Tributes paid to Barrow father of twins killed in collision on main road (8 comments)
- Revealed: who will get superfast broadband in Cumbria (4 comments)