Whitehaven man's firearm trial adjourned
Published at 11:19, Thursday, 13 December 2012
TONY Harvey, 23, of Whitehaven, has been remanded in custody on firearm charges pending Crown Court trial.
Harvey, of Crummock Avenue, is accused of possessing a firearm – a sawn-off shotgun – and ammunition. He is also charged with having the weapon in his possession before a period of five years from the date of his prison release was up.
The case was adjourned until January 2.
The charges follow an incident at Windermere Road, Woodhouse, on Saturday (December 8) to which police were called.
Two other Whitehaven men, 27-year-old Lee Blinco of Copeland Avenue, and 24-year-old John Pears of Lakeland Avenue have been charged with police obstruction and bailed to attend West Cumbria magistrates court on January 2 and December 19, respectively.A man in his 30s and a woman in her 20s were released without charge.
Published by http://www.whitehavennews.co.uk
- Breaking news: Whitehaven Civic Hall to reopen
- Your election candidates revealed (3 comments)
- Hustings debates the issues that matter to you
- Travellers illegally occupying five sites in Cumbria (18 comments)
- Don't vote for me: Smear campaign forces Lee to quit (13 comments)
- Campaigners threaten to take legal action over school closure (1 comment)
- Fabulously flouncy - Laurence on heading to Whitehaven (1 comment)
- Vandals target Mirehouse eyesore’s artwork
- Cancer sufferer to cycle 140 miles for charity
- Travellers park illegally (18 comments)
- Carlisle girl banned from lessons until she changes hair colour (202 comments)
- Carlisle Utd boss attacks 'weak' players who don't deserve to be professionals (83 comments)
- Carlisle billboard blunder 'funny' claims Labour candidate (68 comments)
- Row over Tory MP hopeful's election banner in Carlisle (56 comments)
- Last-day Carlisle Utd match alert over Bob Marley theme fans (39 comments)