Tributes paid to 21-year-old woman found dead
Last updated at 13:07, Thursday, 15 November 2012
THE family of young woman whose sudden death in Workington has sparked a murder inquiry have paid tribute to her.
The body of 21-year-old Demi Burns, originally from Woodhouse, Whitehaven, and a former St Benedict’s School pupil, was discovered in a flat in Newlands Gardens on Sunday afternoon.
Miss Burns' family said: “Demi was a beautiful, caring young woman who was loved dearly by all her family and friends. She always put others before herself and adored her family, especially her mam, gran and pop.
“The hole in our lives she has left will never ever be filled, the light in our hearts has gone out forever. We will miss you always our princess.”
Detectives have confirmed a 28-year-old local man who was arrested on suspicion of murder has been released and bailed to return to the town’s police station in January following further investigation. They also confirmed that Ms Burns was in the early stages of pregnancy.
A post-mortem has been held and further tests are ongoing to establish the cause of death. An inquest has been opened and adjourned until May 10 next year.
First published at 11:43, Thursday, 15 November 2012
Published by http://www.whitehavennews.co.uk
- Cumbria’s NHS is failing cancer patients (1 comment)
- Free parking plea to help Egremont businesses
- Experts trace Chris’s family roots to the White House
- St Bees pupils face 'a year of disruption' (4 comments)
- Come and support Sarah’s fundraiser
- 'The find of a lifetime' - Viking hoard unearthed (1 comment)
- Seascale mum’s charity jump after friend’s cancer diagnosis (3 comments)
- Backlash fear as Labour rejects power-sharing offer (19 comments)
- ‘Whitehaven is a special place’ - wine guru Oz Clarke
- Nicky Clarke: From Hollywood to our harbourside
- Young Cumbrian finance director named best in Britain
- Story firms forge fundraising links with Cumbrian hospices
- Votes plea from West Cumbrian businesswoman
- £180,000 makeover for Carlisle city centre pub
- Lloyd Volvo gets go-ahead for bigger showroom in Carlisle
- Investigation into Flimby fire complete
- Major £20m deal in the pipeline for Tata in Workington
- Profits rise sharply at Cumbrian company Stobart
- Cumbria jobless total hits 32-year low
- Story Homes wants mortgage lending boost
- Two die in crash on busy Cumbrian road
- South Cumbria girl gets first in line for thrills on dream holiday of a lifetime
- WITH VIDEOS: Crowds lap up Barrow music festival fun in the sun
- Man's body found on Barrow beach - next of kin of missing Manchester man informed
- Mum and children attacked in Carlisle park
- See the action on TV
- £1.7m price tag on Cumbrian politician's former home
- Talented Barrow athlete in running to train with Olympic star
- Fire in Cumbrian home
- Man cheats death in Walney Channel rescue