Spat in his sister’s face
Published at 15:47, Wednesday, 10 March 2010
A WHITEHAVEN man who spat in his sister’s face before punching her has been told he may be sent to jail.
Ian O’Fee started by being verbally abusive towards Joanne O’Fee, and the matter escalated to the point of O’Fee spitting at his sister and punching her three times in the face.
The incident took place in front of two young children, Whitehaven Magistrates Court heard.
O’Fee, 34, of Latrigg Road, blamed the offence on alcohol and told the police he had been drinking for two days. He admitted assault and disorderly behaviour.
Judge Gerald Chalk adjourned sentencing O’Fee until March 24, pending reports, but told him that custody “is not being ruled out”.
Solicitor John Dugan, for O’Fee, said: “He has mental health issues that will be addressed in the report.”
Published by http://www.whitehavennews.co.uk
- Closure means no banks from Egremont to Millom
- Saved: the goats abandoned at Christmas
- Big Brother’s blind eye shut for good
- Inspectors take action over care home concerns (1 comment)
- Katelyn’s dream date with One Direction
- Have a merry Christmas - but not a drunken one
- Shock closure of Senny’s nightspot (1 comment)
- Kells man dies from malaria
- What's On Guide: December 18 to 22
- Christmas School Plays in Copeland 2014
- Is the Government really on our side?
- Body found in woods
- Barrow's Hairy Biker married
- Doug Scott: A man who needs to keep connecting with the outdoors
- Woman left scarred for life after being hit by bottle in Carlisle bar
- Carlisle haulier Stobart wins £25 million a year Tesco contract (5 comments)
- No title
- First aid effort wins gold award for Grange
- Store staff plan reunion