Spat in his sister’s face
Published at 15:47, Wednesday, 10 March 2010
A WHITEHAVEN man who spat in his sister’s face before punching her has been told he may be sent to jail.
Ian O’Fee started by being verbally abusive towards Joanne O’Fee, and the matter escalated to the point of O’Fee spitting at his sister and punching her three times in the face.
The incident took place in front of two young children, Whitehaven Magistrates Court heard.
O’Fee, 34, of Latrigg Road, blamed the offence on alcohol and told the police he had been drinking for two days. He admitted assault and disorderly behaviour.
Judge Gerald Chalk adjourned sentencing O’Fee until March 24, pending reports, but told him that custody “is not being ruled out”.
Solicitor John Dugan, for O’Fee, said: “He has mental health issues that will be addressed in the report.”
Published by http://www.whitehavennews.co.uk
- Breaking news: Whitehaven Civic Hall to reopen (1 comment)
- Your election candidates revealed (3 comments)
- Hustings debates the issues that matter to you
- Travellers illegally occupying five sites in Cumbria (21 comments)
- Don't vote for me: Smear campaign forces Lee to quit (15 comments)
- Campaigners threaten to take legal action over school closure (2 comments)
- Fabulously flouncy - Laurence on heading to Whitehaven (1 comment)
- Vandals target Mirehouse eyesore’s artwork (1 comment)
- Cancer sufferer to cycle 140 miles for charity
- Travellers park illegally (21 comments)
- Carlisle girl banned from lessons until she changes hair colour (204 comments)
- Last-day Carlisle Utd match alert over Bob Marley theme fans (61 comments)
- Carlisle billboard blunder 'funny' claims Labour candidate (68 comments)
- Carlisle city centre bandstand set to be replaced (34 comments)
- Park and ride plan to ease parking problems at Carlisle hospital (25 comments)