Last updated at 12:16, Thursday, 26 April 2012
Man injured in car crash
A MAN was injured in a crash on the St Bees to Beckermet coast road on Friday night.
Fire crews and ambulance were called to the scene shortly before midnight to help release the man from his car.
No other vehicles were involved. The man was treated at the scene by ambulance crews and was not believed to be seriously injured.
Man hit vehicle
POLICE are appealing for information after a car was damaged in Egremont.
Officers say a man staggered along Chaucer Avenue, hit a vehicle and disappeared onto the estate. The incident happened at around 1.40am on March 31.
The suspect is described as a white male in his thirties who was wearing a white t-shirt and dark shorts. Contact police with information on 101.
VANDALS have damaged a silver vehicle parked on Church Street, Whitehaven.
The incident happened some time between 1pm and 2pm on April 5. Police say the driver’s side bodywork of the car was scratched and damaged.
WHITEHAVEN and District Chamber of Trade held its 70th annual meeting last month at which the following were elected as officers for the coming year: Charles Maudling, chairman; Christine Minnorry, vice chairman; Alan Blacklock, secretary; Craig Kershaw, treasurer.
X box game stolen
A DISTINGTON man has appeared in court for stealing an X box 360 game.
Stuart Anthony Barrow, 25, of Hinnings Road, Distington, admitted the offence at West Cumbria Courthouse last week. The court heard Barrow had taken the FIFA Street game, worth £37.98, from HMV in Workington.
Magistrates ordered him to complete a 36-hour community order. He must also pay £85 court costs.
First published at 11:10, Thursday, 26 April 2012
Published by http://www.whitehavennews.co.uk
- Closure means no banks from Egremont to Millom
- Saved: the goats abandoned at Christmas
- Big Brother’s blind eye shut for good
- Inspectors take action over care home concerns (1 comment)
- Katelyn’s dream date with One Direction
- Have a merry Christmas - but not a drunken one
- Shock closure of Senny’s nightspot (1 comment)
- Kells man dies from malaria
- What's On Guide: December 18 to 22
- Christmas School Plays in Copeland 2014
- Jeremy Kyle Barrow adventure - pair bailed
- After man banned from starting race with starting pistol, have health and safety rules gone too far? (4 comments)
- Regal Windermere boat joins Queen on majestic Thames cruise (1 comment)
- Prisoner who plotted mass murder from cell jailed
- ‘Normal’ Barrow couple’s secret world of affairs and sick fantasies
- Shock closure of Cumbria business enterprise group (14 comments)
- Artists’ work on show