Last updated at 12:16, Thursday, 26 April 2012
Man injured in car crash
A MAN was injured in a crash on the St Bees to Beckermet coast road on Friday night.
Fire crews and ambulance were called to the scene shortly before midnight to help release the man from his car.
No other vehicles were involved. The man was treated at the scene by ambulance crews and was not believed to be seriously injured.
Man hit vehicle
POLICE are appealing for information after a car was damaged in Egremont.
Officers say a man staggered along Chaucer Avenue, hit a vehicle and disappeared onto the estate. The incident happened at around 1.40am on March 31.
The suspect is described as a white male in his thirties who was wearing a white t-shirt and dark shorts. Contact police with information on 101.
VANDALS have damaged a silver vehicle parked on Church Street, Whitehaven.
The incident happened some time between 1pm and 2pm on April 5. Police say the driver’s side bodywork of the car was scratched and damaged.
WHITEHAVEN and District Chamber of Trade held its 70th annual meeting last month at which the following were elected as officers for the coming year: Charles Maudling, chairman; Christine Minnorry, vice chairman; Alan Blacklock, secretary; Craig Kershaw, treasurer.
X box game stolen
A DISTINGTON man has appeared in court for stealing an X box 360 game.
Stuart Anthony Barrow, 25, of Hinnings Road, Distington, admitted the offence at West Cumbria Courthouse last week. The court heard Barrow had taken the FIFA Street game, worth £37.98, from HMV in Workington.
Magistrates ordered him to complete a 36-hour community order. He must also pay £85 court costs.
First published at 11:10, Thursday, 26 April 2012
Published by http://www.whitehavennews.co.uk
- Breaking news: Whitehaven Civic Hall to reopen (1 comment)
- Your election candidates revealed (3 comments)
- Hustings debates the issues that matter to you
- Travellers illegally occupying five sites in Cumbria (21 comments)
- Don't vote for me: Smear campaign forces Lee to quit (15 comments)
- Campaigners threaten to take legal action over school closure (2 comments)
- Fabulously flouncy - Laurence on heading to Whitehaven (1 comment)
- Vandals target Mirehouse eyesore’s artwork (1 comment)
- Cancer sufferer to cycle 140 miles for charity
- Travellers park illegally (21 comments)
- Carlisle girl banned from lessons until she changes hair colour (204 comments)
- Last-day Carlisle Utd match alert over Bob Marley theme fans (61 comments)
- Carlisle billboard blunder 'funny' claims Labour candidate (68 comments)
- Carlisle city centre bandstand set to be replaced (34 comments)
- Park and ride plan to ease parking problems at Carlisle hospital (25 comments)