Motorists urged to drive carefully in Frizington and Arlecdon
Last updated at 11:48, Monday, 21 January 2013
CUMBRIA Police has urged motorists to drive carefully on the A5086 (Frizington to Arlecdon) road due to the icy weather.
A number of cars have this morning (Monday) reportedly become struck on the sheet ice in the area.
Police officers say (at 11am) that the road has now been cleared by the highways authority, but add that the road is "passable with care".
The spokesman added: "Traffic is slow moving along the major routes in West Cumbria and it is advised to add extras time onto your journey or if possible not to travel at all."
First published at 09:19, Monday, 21 January 2013
Published by http://www.whitehavennews.co.uk
- Alan Wills top scores at Northern Championship
- Awards evening marks 40 years of martial arts
- Kart star Jonny is Vegas bound
- Haven coach hails Stephen Fox’s return
- Mum knows value of local services
- GPs ‘deeply concerned’ by hospital
- MP criticises selection of staff chosen for review team (1 comment)
- Rejected - plans for 79 Cleator homes denied (4 comments)
- Fight goes on despite office block refusal
- Hotel charges Whitehaven couple £100 for bad review (2 comments)
- Carlisle taxi drivers must pass spoken English test to get licence (8 comments)
- Carlisle council must cut £4.5m more from budget (21 comments)
- Free wifi network to launch in Carlisle city centre next week (14 comments)
- MPs press case to dual A69 road between Carlisle and Newcastle (30 comments)
- Man who scrapped Cumbrian on-street parking charges to quit (13 comments)