Fitness and friendship for mums and their tots
Published at 09:43, Friday, 10 January 2014
A NEW fitness and friendship group has started in Whitehaven for mums and their tots.
The 24 Wellness Club Mums and Tots group was set up by Zoe Richardson in a bid to get other mums and tots active.
Mum Zoe said she had been to other local fitness classes and has lost two stones. She said she wanted to start a group that was child-friendly and promoted an active life.
She said: “People can come along and fetch their kids. It’s a chance for the kids to have a run around and let off a bit of steam.
“We do exercises with the kids. The classes promotes active life with mums and children.”
Informal discussions take place where mums share nutritional and healthy living advice. They get weighed and can get involved in the better body challenge – which is run by the club on the Sneckyeat Industrial Estate.
Zoe said: “It can be isolating when you become a mum. This classes is about promoting fitness and friendship.”
The weekly class started three weeks before Christmas. It has had a break over the festive period and resumed on January 7.
For more information about the group, go to www.24wellnessclub.co.uk or phone Zoe on 07703540220.
Published by http://www.whitehavennews.co.uk
- Alan Wills top scores at Northern Championship
- Awards evening marks 40 years of martial arts
- Kart star Jonny is Vegas bound
- Haven coach hails Stephen Fox’s return
- Mum knows value of local services
- GPs ‘deeply concerned’ by hospital
- MP criticises selection of staff chosen for review team (1 comment)
- Rejected - plans for 79 Cleator homes denied (3 comments)
- Fight goes on despite office block refusal
- Hotel charges Whitehaven couple £100 for bad review (1 comment)
- Debate over bonfire effigy failed to spoil Fireshow spectacular (86 comments)
- Thousands sign petition to oust hospital trust bosses (60 comments)
- On-street parking charges for Cumbria scrapped (82 comments)
- Bin spies in Carlisle branded a waste of money (28 comments)
- Cyclists opposing extended Carlisle city centre ban (62 comments)