Family pays tribute to Whitehaven woman found dead at home
Last updated at 12:33, Monday, 03 December 2012
The family of a young mum found dead at a house last week have paid tribute to “the most amazing person in every aspect of her life.”
Mica Atkinson, aged 22, was found dead at Wasdale Close, Whitehaven, on November 27.
A 25-year-old Whitehaven man arrested on suspicion of manslaughter has been bailed until January 2013, pending further inquiries.
Miss Atkinson's family said that their lives had changed forever in the most unimaginable, painful way.
"Our breath-taking daughter, our beloved sister, most cherished granddaughter and most selfless mummy was taken away from us too soon.
“Mica was the most amazing person in every aspect of her life. She gave 100 per cent of her mind and soul; she threw her heart into everything. She was always a person you could rely on, if you needed anything, no matter how big or small, she would go to the end of the world to help you.
"Mica was beautiful, inside and out, you can easily see by all the people whose lives she had touched, you see the impact she had. Whenever she had a smile on her face the entire room would lighten up, she would always be the cause of rapturous laughter with her many ‘Mica moments’. That will be one of the many things we will miss about her. "
They added that there was only one thing Miss Atkinson had ever wanted - to become a mum.
"Thankfully she did, she gave us her beautiful little girl, Lilly. Mica loved her more than anything in the entire universe. There wasn’t a single thing she wouldn’t do for her. From the moment she was born Mica had blossomed into the most mature, outstanding mother.
"She was a mother to us all, that was her instinct. If she would go to the end of the world for an almost stranger you can imagine what she would do for her only daughter.
“It’s an understatement to say that we miss her because there isn’t a word to describe the amount of agony we’re in. We welcome any family and good friends that wish to visit us. We hope you will all share in the thought of looking into the sky at night and seeing the brightest star and think ‘That’s our Mica’," added the family's statement.
The circumstances leading up to Miss Atkinson’s death are being investigated by detectives.
Further tests have been requested by the Home Office pathologist to establish the cause of death.
First published at 12:32, Monday, 03 December 2012
Published by http://www.whitehavennews.co.uk
- Man stabbed in Whitehaven
- What's On Guide: July 2 to 8
- Beckermet Nursery Fun Day
- School Country Dance Event
- Whitehaven Film Festival 2015
- Life-saving parachute rescue over harbour (1 comment)
- Protest March
- Whitehaven Motor Show
- Former Copeland Council leader Elaine Woodburn honoured by the Queen (20 comments)
- Controversial windfarm given the go-ahead (1 comment)
- M-Sport's Ryan is engineering success story
- VIDEO: On track for Workington's new leisure centre (2 comments)
- Moorside nuclear reactor plans on show
- Firm plugs into £2m deal for Workington's new sports centre (2 comments)
- Continental market to visit Workington (1 comment)
- New beauty treatment rooms open at Cumbrian hotel
- West Cumbria wins at tourism awards
- Agency and consultancy link-up to offer one-stop-shop
- Wigton's Innovia lands order from Russian chocolates firm
- New finance director for Britain's Energy Coast
- Teachers show heart for campaign as Workington school nears closure
- Woman dies after falling from Cumbrian fell
- Here’s Jonny! Event organiser can’t wait to get Northbound
- Fund-raising calendar planned in Flimby
- Wall art unveiled at Workington care home
- Cockermouth swimmer Luke aims to go from Baku to Rio
- Road closures for Flimby Carnival
- Art helps Brigham woman Carol on road to recovery
- Blue is the colour for Seaton toddler Zayn
- Cumbrian mother admits child neglect