Egremont motorcyclist dies
Published at 01:00, Monday, 01 October 2007
A 38-YEAR-OLD Egremont man has died after a motorcyle accident on Braystones Beach on Saturday morning.
Tony Robert Jones, of Royal Drive, was biking off-road alone when the accident happened just before 10am on Saturday morning.
Police say it appears that the bike Mr Jones was riding hit a rock, and he was thrown from the bike and onto another rock.
He was pronounced dead on the scene.
Coroner John Taylor has been informed of Mr Jones' death and an inquest is expected to be opened later today (Monday).
Published by http://www.whitehavennews.co.uk
- Breaking news: Cage-fighter brothers jailed for assault
- Walk a mile in Rob's shoes
- ‘Embarrassed’ shopper refused alcohol at Tesco (9 comments)
- Thousands face transfer to Carlisle
- Our medical records moved to the North-East
- Jamie Reed - ‘Health bosses prejudice maternity review’
- ‘Women and babies will die’ (1 comment)
- Children and seriously ill will be forced to travel to Carlisle
- 1lb Wesley would have died without the WCH
- The hunt to find coal at St Bees (2 comments)