Last updated at 15:01, Monday, 23 April 2012
Man, 26, jailed for 100 days
A WHITEHAVEN man has been jailed for 100 days following two offences.
The case against John Joseph Steele, 26, of Windermere Road, was heard at West Cumbria Courthouse last week. He admitted assaulting a woman by beating and failing to surrender to custody.
He was jailed for 100 days for the assault and 14 days for the second offence, which are to run concurrently.
Prison for assault on woman
A MAN has been jailed for 26 weeks for assaulting a woman causing actual bodily harm.
Leslie Arron Fensome, 26, of Ennerdale Road, Cleator Moor, admitted assaulting a woman at her home.
He appeared at West Cumbria Courthouse last week for the hearing. District judge Gerald Chalk said the offence was so serious that a prison sentence was the only suitable option.
Man, 25, attacked woman
DYLAN Bawn, 25, has been committed to the Crown Court, Carlisle for sentence after he admitted assaulting a woman.
Bawn, 25, of no fixed address, formerly of Frizington, was convicted of the offence by magistrates sitting at West Cumbria Courthouse,Workington, last week. He is due to appear at Carlisle on May 11.
A MAN has been fined £100 for using threatening, abusive words or behaviour.
Allan Bullough, 35, of Ehen Place, Cleator Moor, admitted the offence at West Cumbria Courthouse last week.
He was ordered to pay £85 court costs and a £15 victim surcharge.
First published at 11:09, Thursday, 19 April 2012
Published by http://www.whitehavennews.co.uk
- Biggest Liar 2014
- Alan Wills top scores at Northern Championship
- Awards evening marks 40 years of martial arts
- Kart star Jonny is Vegas bound
- Haven coach hails Stephen Fox’s return
- Mum knows value of local services
- GPs ‘deeply concerned’ by hospital
- MP criticises selection of staff chosen for review team (1 comment)
- Rejected - plans for 79 Cleator homes denied (6 comments)
- Fight goes on despite office block refusal
- Scotland move for motorway services empire
- What is a grant of probate?
- Look ahead
- Herd instinct grips crowded ringside
- Andrew brings his skills and flair to the table
- Foreign growth secret to playground firm’s success
- Orders on tap for brewer’s customers
- Helping young people to build skills is inspiring
- Spa’s all worked out beautifully for Nat
- Cumbrian credit union takes on banks with new services
- Barrow pupils put own spin on historic moment of First World War
- Awards will help South Cumbria students forge bright futures in engineering
- Barrow pupils take the reins at Furness General Hospital
- Web dating link to sex crimes in Cumbria
- Cumbrian man arrested on suspicion of murdering girlfriend in Kenya
- New leads in Carlisle house raid probe
- Advanced warning of Barrow alarm test
- Vehicles searched in Cumbrian crime crackdown
- Carlisle ex-soldier fighting with Lions of Rojava in Syria
- 1,000 students graduating from Cumbria university