County council says 'no' to repository search
Last updated at 15:02, Wednesday, 30 January 2013
CUMBRIA County Council cabinet’s has decided (7-3) not to proceed with the next stage of the repository process, which would have involved desktop geological studies.
Copeland Council’s Executive voted 6-1 in favour of going on to Stage 4 earlier today (Wednesday) but its vote was not enough.
The county’s “no” vote means the process is stopped in its tracks.
See The Whitehaven News - on sale tonight - for the full story.
First published at 13:34, Wednesday, 30 January 2013
Published by http://www.whitehavennews.co.uk
Have your say
Investment, jobs, better prospects, good future. Yet again the council shows how idiotic they are. What does it take for the old fossils to do something good for the area?
Make your comment
- What's On Guide: July 24 to 30
- Fun in the sun at St Bees Beach
- Dinner lady Katie served them well
- Commonwealth volunteer Graeme is one in 50,000
- Drop-in and share your town council preference
- New mining project engages community (2 comments)
- Joanna back home after collision horror
- Charity party goes ahead despite police concerns
- Viking Way route unveiled (2 comments)
- More hospital services ‘at risk’ (5 comments)