County council says 'no' to repository search
Last updated at 15:02, Wednesday, 30 January 2013
CUMBRIA County Council cabinet’s has decided (7-3) not to proceed with the next stage of the repository process, which would have involved desktop geological studies.
Copeland Council’s Executive voted 6-1 in favour of going on to Stage 4 earlier today (Wednesday) but its vote was not enough.
The county’s “no” vote means the process is stopped in its tracks.
See The Whitehaven News - on sale tonight - for the full story.
First published at 13:34, Wednesday, 30 January 2013
Published by http://www.whitehavennews.co.uk
Have your say
Investment, jobs, better prospects, good future. Yet again the council shows how idiotic they are. What does it take for the old fossils to do something good for the area?
Make your comment
- Breaking news: Whitehaven Civic Hall to reopen
- Your election candidates revealed (3 comments)
- Hustings debates the issues that matter to you
- Travellers illegally occupying five sites in Cumbria (18 comments)
- Don't vote for me: Smear campaign forces Lee to quit (13 comments)
- Campaigners threaten to take legal action over school closure (1 comment)
- Fabulously flouncy - Laurence on heading to Whitehaven (1 comment)
- Vandals target Mirehouse eyesore’s artwork
- Cancer sufferer to cycle 140 miles for charity
- Travellers park illegally (18 comments)