County council says 'no' to repository search
Last updated at 15:02, Wednesday, 30 January 2013
CUMBRIA County Council cabinet’s has decided (7-3) not to proceed with the next stage of the repository process, which would have involved desktop geological studies.
Copeland Council’s Executive voted 6-1 in favour of going on to Stage 4 earlier today (Wednesday) but its vote was not enough.
The county’s “no” vote means the process is stopped in its tracks.
See The Whitehaven News - on sale tonight - for the full story.
First published at 13:34, Wednesday, 30 January 2013
Published by http://www.whitehavennews.co.uk
Have your say
Investment, jobs, better prospects, good future. Yet again the council shows how idiotic they are. What does it take for the old fossils to do something good for the area?
Make your comment
- Daily struggles leave Dawn desperate for vital support (2 comments)
- Dad jailed for neglect
- Don’t take Tom’s lifeline say parents
- 92 homes on cards for Kangol site (2 comments)
- Hopes high for Rosehill’s facelift
- No names yet for potential mayors (3 comments)
- Fundraisers needed to help keep RNLI service afloat
- Nicola awaits the next call from BGT...
- Could you be an advocate for the Red Devils team?
- Sellafield fire crew to the rescue