County council says 'no' to repository search
Last updated at 15:02, Wednesday, 30 January 2013
CUMBRIA County Council cabinet’s has decided (7-3) not to proceed with the next stage of the repository process, which would have involved desktop geological studies.
Copeland Council’s Executive voted 6-1 in favour of going on to Stage 4 earlier today (Wednesday) but its vote was not enough.
The county’s “no” vote means the process is stopped in its tracks.
See The Whitehaven News - on sale tonight - for the full story.
First published at 13:34, Wednesday, 30 January 2013
Published by http://www.whitehavennews.co.uk
Have your say
Investment, jobs, better prospects, good future. Yet again the council shows how idiotic they are. What does it take for the old fossils to do something good for the area?
Make your comment
- Blaze delays West Cumberland Hospital handover (1 comment)
- ‘People will die’ - Fury as coastguard HQ to move (10 comments)
- Stars of the show!
- Thousands of homes in nuclear evacuation zone (4 comments)
- Whitehaven’s heading back to the future (3 comments)
- New principal pledges to ‘maximise potential’
- Investors eye cinema site (10 comments)
- Plans lodged to demolish Cap'n Senny's
- Egremont homeless hostel given the go-ahead (13 comments)
- What's On Guide: January 22 to 28