County council says 'no' to repository search
Last updated at 15:02, Wednesday, 30 January 2013
CUMBRIA County Council cabinet’s has decided (7-3) not to proceed with the next stage of the repository process, which would have involved desktop geological studies.
Copeland Council’s Executive voted 6-1 in favour of going on to Stage 4 earlier today (Wednesday) but its vote was not enough.
The county’s “no” vote means the process is stopped in its tracks.
See The Whitehaven News - on sale tonight - for the full story.
First published at 13:34, Wednesday, 30 January 2013
Published by http://www.whitehavennews.co.uk
Have your say
Investment, jobs, better prospects, good future. Yet again the council shows how idiotic they are. What does it take for the old fossils to do something good for the area?
Make your comment
- MP calls for Commission’s report on St Bees School (2 comments)
- Does Brent have the X Factor?
- Whitehaven's Gaiety to reopen
- Mayor Starkie kept in dark as Labour delay revealing vote (6 comments)
- MP’s praise for national apprentice comp finalists
- Sister killed by brother she wanted to support
- St Benedict's School A level Artwork Display
- What's On Guide: May 28 to June 3
- Ugly Bug Ball
- Cumbria’s NHS is failing cancer patients (1 comment)