Cleator Moor man charged with child sex offences
Last updated at 13:09, Friday, 18 January 2013
A man is accused of 12 separate child sex offences alleged to have taken place in the 1970s and early 1980s.
Michael White, 58, of Trumpet Terrace, Cleator Moor, appeared before West Cumbria magistrates in Workington.
He is charged with 12 different counts of gross indecency against girls under 14 years old.
All are alleged to have happened in the Cleator Moor area between 1973 and 1982.
Mr White is also charged with one count of indecent assault against an adult woman between March 7, 1980 and March 3, 1981.
He will appear back at the court on January 23.
First published at 13:08, Friday, 18 January 2013
Published by http://www.whitehavennews.co.uk
- Daily struggles leave Dawn desperate for vital support (2 comments)
- Dad jailed for neglect
- Don’t take Tom’s lifeline say parents
- 92 homes on cards for Kangol site (2 comments)
- Hopes high for Rosehill’s facelift
- No names yet for potential mayors (3 comments)
- Fundraisers needed to help keep RNLI service afloat
- Nicola awaits the next call from BGT...
- Could you be an advocate for the Red Devils team?
- Sellafield fire crew to the rescue
- New beer marks Settle-Carlisle line anniversary
- Lighting firm’s success is beacon, says trade boss
- Preferred bidder for £1.4 billion Sellafield project
- Chippy owner celebrates milestone since expansion
- More mopeds help young people to scoot into work
- Overcoming barriers to gaining employability skills
- Insights into GSK expansion
- MEP hails training success
- Electronics are light of town
- Teacher helps schools to compute new IT curriculum
- Tributes to Barrow bus boss and humanitarian
- Inquest for Barrow dad who died in Thai prison
- Drunk man floored teens in Barrow street attack
- Concerns over application for 68 new homes in Cumbria town
- Barrow man in race assault hearing
- Barrow teen to face child porn charges
- Police name suspects arrested in connection with Cumbria building society robbery
- Police appeal for witnesses to Cumbria smash where a car to burst into flames
- Warning after teenager gets stuck in quicksand in Cumbria
- Rail passengers hit by engineering work