Adam is making tracks in Yorkshire
Published at 09:44, Friday, 25 July 2014
A TALENTED Whitehaven musician is making waves in York.
Adam Amor moved to the Yorkshire city to further his music career and now his song Lady Lady has had its first radio play.
It was aired on singer, songwriter and frontman Rick Witter’s show for MinsterFM.
“I live for music and take every possible opportunity to get my music out there,” said Adam, 28.
“I’m always trying to do every open mic night possible.”
‘Persistence kills resistance’ is Adam’s motto and he says he is determined to have a career in music.
Adam is working on his second album later in the year but says there’s still much more to come.
“I’m just trying my best to get recognised. I’ll be in the studio later this year recording a new EP, which will hopefully move me forward.
“Writing songs is what I love and I’m doing it all the time. A lot of them are about reflection looking at things I’ve done in the past and how they’ve got me to where I am today.”
Lady Lady is a love ballad but Adam’s gravelly tone, reminiscent of Stereophonics’ Kelly Jones, lends itself to almost any genre.
“If I just keep doing what I’m doing then hopefully someone will give me a chance.
“I’ve been playing music for 10 years and it’s as important to me now as it was when I started.”
Adam now has a couple of shows coming up in Lincolnshire as well as several other gigs in the pipeline.
Adam’s Lady Lady, his first album A Hidden Hope and other tracks are available on his Soundcloud at https://soundcloud.com/adam-amor-2
Published by http://www.whitehavennews.co.uk
- Rediscover Cumbria's war history
- Rita, 100, joins Rita, 100, for a party!
- Heroes spotlight falls on those close to us
- Fresh bid to fill 44 hospital vacancies (1 comment)
- A lesson in protest power
- PM ‘dodges’ question from Maddy, 10 (1 comment)
- Improvement in death rates, say health bosses
- Mums back campaign for maternity services (1 comment)
- Streets ‘pitch black’ for eight months (1 comment)
- MP tells Commons of ‘toxic distrust’