IT was a first win in five for Whitehaven as they scored thirty unanswered second-half points to leave the Rams rock bottom of the Championship having now lost 10 league games in a row with the future looking bleak for Paul March's side. 

The Rams ended their pointless streak that had seen them score no points in over 200 minutes of match action stretching back to late May and their visit to Sheffield but another pointless half sees the Rams with only one victory on the board. 

Whitehaven had secured double loan incomings through the week and saw the duo cross for a double of tries a piece. Giedon Boafo was the first to score his double with back-to-back tries in the first half.

The first of his duo of scores came as a lack of communication between the Rams saw two players jumping high for a kick, neither could collect cleanly and bounced kindly into the hands of Boafo to cross for his first in Haven colours. 

The second came just after the quarter-hour mark as Haven went short from a scrum on the left-hand side of the field and outnumbered the visitors with the ball worked left to allow Boafo to score in the corner.

Jake Carter's normally reliable left boot was a bit off-centre in the first half with the half-back unable to add the extras on each occasion.

The Rams looked to be destined for a tenth successive defeat but hit back after a Haven attacking kick was too deep and received a quick tap on their own 20. Two infringements soon saw the Rams in their best position of the half and Jack Billington was able to spin out two would-be tackles to power over from short range.

Callum's Turner reduced the deficit to 2 points and they soon got a lead of their own. Curtis Davies spent time with Haven in 2022 but there was no time for sentimental reunions as he took advantage of Jake Carter looking for too much length from a penalty kick and the ball not finding touch.

From the resulting set Davies was able to manoeuvre under the Haven defence to score his third of the campaign. Turner added the extras and gave the Rams a halftime lead. 

Whatever Jonty Gorley said to his players at half time it certainly worked as the Cumbrians didn't concede another point and scored five tries of their own to jump up the table nearing the halfway point of the campaign.

Scottish international Guy Graham returned to the matchday lineup after being absent last week for Haven and was able to power over from short range after being gifted possession from a knock-on with the scrum making way for a penalty for dissent. Carter added his first conversion of the afternoon to give Haven a lead he would never relinquish. 

The second duo of tries from a loanee came from Youngster Noah High. The Cumbrian has joined on a month's loan from Warrington and showed up well from the bench to cross for two tries looking strong in defence.

High's tries came either side of the game's best try. Edene Gebbie started and finished Haven's third of the second half with the Papuan scooting in from the dummy half then exploiting a small gap to break the Rams' defence.

He found the returning Will Evans to run down the right-hand edge before offloading around the back of Callum Turner to find Gebbie who scored his fourth of the season. Carter once again tagged on the extras for Gebbie's try and High's duo. 

The scoring was completed by Ryan King with the Italian international finally crossing for his side after seeing three of his teammates held up during the set.

King was able to eventually break the Rams defence to score his seventh of the season with Callum Turner showing a yellow card for dissent in disputing the awarding of the try. Teammate Kieran Rush followed him shortly afterwards leaving the Rams to end the contest with eleven on the field.