A true game of two halves at the LEL Arena as the search for Whitehaven's first home victory versus Bradford since September 1971 continued as the Bulls scored 34 unanswered second-half points against a Whitehaven side who will now be looking to put behind the off the field issues and focus on Championship survival. 

The opening minutes of the first half saw uncharacteristic errors from both sides with neither side able to complete their opening sets with knock-ons being the order of the early going. 

The home side were soon able to cross for the game's opening points as they scored back-to-back tries.

The first of which came from Connor Holliday who didn't give up when looking to be tackled just short of the try line and used his momentum to touchdown.

The following set the home side's best try of the match. Lucas Castle worked hard to get his arm free and offload the ball into the supporting James Newton.

Newton passed to his right into the hands of Dion Aiye who steamrolled the Bulls' defence to touch down underneath the sticks. Josh Rourke converted both tries for a 12-point advantage. 

The visiting Bulls would have been forgiven for being shell-shocked but rallied quickly and soon took control of the game James Segeyaro soon was able to scoot over at dummy half just to the left-hand side of the post for their first points of the game and his first in a Bulls shirt since his return to the British game last month.

Patton converted to reduce the deficit. The majority of the territory and field possession continued with the Bulls but they couldn't score a further point before the home side struck once again.

Ryan King had seemingly been given free reign after being named at loose forward and was able to use it in the 22nd minute.

The Italian international looked to be held up just short of the line but worked hard to get his arm free and ground the ball to the surprise of most in the LEL Arena under the black dot. Rourke tagged on the extras to regain their early 12-point advantage.

Haven looked to be through minutes later as Josh Rourke broke on the right-hand side but for a Dec Patton tackle on the Haven full back which was deemed to be high and saw the Bulls half-back seeing yellow and sent to the sin bin.

The Cumbrians looked to have taken advantage as following a Jake Carter being spilled by the Bulls it was collected by Daniel Spencer-Tonks in one of his first touches from the bench to touchdown.

However, the effort was ruled out as Spencer-Tonks was ruled to have been offside from Carter's kick. 

The final word of the half came from the visiting side as following Chris Taylor dropping the ball on first tackle within 10 metres of his own line the Bulls took full advantage only second later.

The ball shifted left to right through Bradford's spine with a Jordan Lilley pass over the top found Blackmore as he grounded the ball only inches from the touchline. With Patton still serving time in the sin bin the kicking duties fell to Lilley who couldn't convert from the touchline. 

The second half belonged to the visiting Bulls scoring six tries with the middle four of them coming in just a nine minute period in which the game became almost an attack versus defence training session.

The home side seemed fatigued earlier in the second half and conceded a six again. One of eight in the encounter and a few plays later Kevin Appo couldn't be stopped from short range.

Patton resumed the kicking duties to convert and reduce the gap to just two points. It was level scores on the 51st minute as following a penalty for a high shot on Ebon Scurr, Patton took the opportunity to kick two points. 

In hindsight they needn't have bothered as four tries in nine minutes crucified the home side with the Bulls attack stepping up their enthusiasm and intensity to steamroll the tiring home defence.

Tries from Kieran Gill, Masi Matongo and Chester Butler all stared deep in Bradford's half but saw enough yardage gained to score. Patton converted the latter two. It was only the final try of a magical spell which saw something slightly different.

A Gaskell kick seemed to be just too hard and looked to be going dead, being ushered out for a goal line drop out by Haven full back Josh Rourke.

However AJ Wallace didn't give up and the second rower pounced on the ball around the legs of Rourke to touchdown before the ball went dead. Patton couldn't convert, however a sixteen point gap was now in favour of the Bulls. 

The final score of the game was somewhat controversial. Dec Patton put a neat chip over the top but Jason Baiteri was stood in front of a chasing Whitehaven defender in what seemed like a classic case of obstruction before Patton collected the ball.

Players from both sides stopped expecting the whistle to blow. Patton didn't as he collected the ball to score. Referee Nick Bennett awarded the try despite protests in which he waved away. Patton converted the final effort of the game.