The current guidance on not using changing facilities and the rainfall experienced over the weekend decimated the fixture list in the Cumberland County League.

Current Government and Cumberland FA guidance dictates that teams are not allowed the use of changing facilities. This resulted in teams having to change for a game in the open air with no access to showers or hot water after the final whistle. This had been a minor irritation in previous weekends as teams were delighted to be back playing and the weather had been reasonably kind. However, with the amount of rain falling at the weekend, a number of teams declined to make the journey in wet clothing.

However, due to the availability of artificial surfaces and the minimal number of playable grass pitches, some games did go ahead.

The top-of-the-table Premier Division clash between Aspatria and Wigton was relocated to Netherhall School’s 3G when both clubs' pitches were deemed unfit for play. In a close game Aspatria took the lead courtesy of an own goal. A Dan Pearson goal secured the points to maintain Aspatria’s spot at the top of the league.

Workington Athletic remained on Aspatria’s heels with a 2-1 win over Bransty Rangers. The two Connollys – Kevin and Ryan – came up with strikes for Athletic, with Liam O’Pray reducing the arrears for Bransty.

A hat-trick by Ethan Weir made Maryport Athletic's trip to Gosforth worthwhile, taking home a 3-2 victory. Rhys Singleton and Harvey Stainton replied for Gosforth.

Two of Division One's Carlisle-based teams, UniSun Athletic and Crown Newlaithes, both claimed the three points with their fixtures against Workington Reds Development and Whitehaven Miners respectively.

UniSun ended the Reds' unbeaten record by the narrowest of margins, winning 1-0, with Niall Siddaway scoring.

Crown Newlaithes' task proved to be much easier with a 10-0 demolition of Whitehaven Miners. Ellis Dickinson led the way with five goals followed by Ellis Travers with a brace, Robbie Cowley, Jack Crowther and Jonathan Hodgson.