Top-tier Window Outlet Cockermouth and District Snooker League leaders Workington Conservative Club were held this week as Workington Golf Club came from 3-1 behind to record a 3-3 away draw.

The first frame produced the round’s most impressive performance as Julian Plaza delivered a superb break of 58 to put the Cons Club 1-0 up.

Frame two proved to be a low-scoring affair but the Golf Club’s Ryan Ismay made it 1-1 before Cons stamped their authority on the match with wins from Dave Holland and Ryan Barker.

The Golf Club side had other ideas and Bryan Walker and Phil Sorfleet took the last two for a draw.

Flimby Social top Division Two after a 5-1 home win against bottom side Workington Legion.

Aaron Long and Shane Evitts made it 2-0 to the Social outfit before Paul Vickers made it 3-0.

Legion talisman Chris Hunter pulled one back but Richard Kirkham gave Flimby a 4-1 lead.

In the final frame Flimby captain Geoff Banton continued his form to top off an excellent Social performance.

Division One’s Station Road B made a real statement of intent as they whitewashed Division Two’s Maryport Social 6-0.

In the first frame a late win for Alan McLeod put Station B 1-0 up and Peter O’Hagan produced a break of 36 to make it 2-0.

Mark Tunstall was untroubled for 3-0 and, as Shaun Ayre delivered a similar style win in the next, the Station B lead was now at 4-0.

A war of attrition in frame five ended in Alan Stephenson making it 5-0 and Station B captain Stephen O’Hagan produced his usual rearguard action in the last to complete the whitewash.

Finally, Workington Veterans Club bounced back from last week’s cup qualifying defeat with a solid 4-2 home win against fellow Division One side Station Road A.

The first frame saw an outstanding performance by Paul Mostyn, highlighted with a break 38, put the Vets 1-0 up.

A contribution of 30 was enough for Vets captain Kevin Basnett to make it 2-0 but as John Teasdale took the next he pulled one back for the Station A side at 2-1.

Nevertheless, a Craig Davies victory soon made it a comfortable-looking 3-1 and as team-mate Mark Tatton won the fifth an unassailable 4-1 Vets lead was gained.

In the last a tactical start was broken with some good potting from Mike Walker and in moving through the gears the Station A cueist limited the damage to 4-2 in a confident final frame win.