Hensingham’s under-13s lifting their third trophy of the West Cumbria Youth and Junior Amateur Rugby League season after defeating Maryport 36-16 in the Grand Final.

They had already secured the League Champions trophy and League Cup and this was the icing on the cake for the staff and players.

Hensingham did not have it all their own way in the final and were 12-10 behind thanks to Maryport tries from Aran Fitzpatrick and Deacon Martin, with Dylan Bragg tagging on the extras to both.

Miller Dalton and Tom McKinney crossed for Hensingham, with the latter adding one conversion.

The second half was a different story as Hensingham came out fired up and crossed the line on five occasions with two touchdowns from Romeo Park, McKinney completing his hat-trick, and Dalton grabbing his second. McKinney was also successful with three goal attempts.

Maryport did breach the Hensingham line, with Charlie McCombe crossing.

Park was awarded the man-of-the-match award for his performance both in attack and defence.

Sunday saw the County Cup finals for the under-12s, under-14s and under-16s at the Recreation Ground.

In the under-12s, Wath Brow Hornets added further silverware to their cabinet by defeating Askam 20-4 with tries from Layton Dockwray, Bobby Hewitson, Jackson Benn and Harry Asquith, who also got two conversions and the man-of-the-match award. Rhys Butcher crossed for Askam.

Kells for the second week running met Wath Brow in a final in the under-14s and again kept their opponents scoreless, winning 56-0.

They were 22-0 up at the break thanks to two tries from man-of-the-match Dylan Grears and one each from Ashton Sice and Keelan Parr, with Sam Fulton landing two conversions and one more from Parr.

In the second period Sam Murtagh crossed for three touchdowns and landed two conversions, while Sice went over for his second and Billy Murray also crossed the Brow’s line. Fulton contributed with a try and three conversions.

In the under-16s, Hensingham took on Maryport and were comfortable winners to lift the trophy after beating their rivals 48-0.

Full-back Lewis Whitehead ran in four tries for Hensingham, with a further five coming from Sam King, Harvie Hill, Deon Crowe, Eddie Mawson and Curtis Brown while Noel Branthwaite was successful with six goal attempts.

Hensingham’s scrum-half Ollie Bibby was named man of the match.