Three semi-finals made up the Iggesund Cumberland Amateur Rugby League programme at the weekend.

One BARLA County Cup semi-final saw Kells A run out 20-6 winners against Seaton Rangers.

They won it in the second half, turning it on from a 6-6 scoreline at the break.

The Kells tries were scored by Aaron Burns with two, Cameron Taylor and Ross Gainford, with a goal apiece from Taylor and Gainford.

Their man of the match was Bailey Morton.

The Seaton try was scored by Liam Wood and Nick Burgess added the conversion.

Jordan O’Leary was their man of the match.

The other semi-final paired Maryport rivals Glasson and Ellenborough and, with a close encounter expected, the result was an absolute thriller which saw the lead change hands.

Elbra had done the better of the two sides in the first phase of the revamped season but Glasson had been more impressive in the second phase, and already had a victory over their town rivals.

This time, however, Elbra triumphed, squeezing home 20-19 after trailing 13-0 at half time.

The Glasson tries were scored by man of the match Gary Tierney with Dan Fryer and Sean Mumberson also touching down.

Keenan Winter kicked three goals and there was also a field goal from Jason Connery.

Ellenborough had scored four tries, which made the difference in the end, through Thomas Connolly, Jordan Ostle, Kevin Hoban and Ryan Wilson.

Owen Hoyles landed two goals and Jason Graham was their man of the match.

The third semi-final was in the EB Lamb Amateur Cup competition and it went to form as newly-crowned Premier Division champions Distington won 40-6 at First Division Aspatria.

The tie was virtually over at half time as Distington led 30-0 after a thoroughly professional first-half display which left the game looking done and dusted.

But Aspatria were determined to make their visitors fight for a place in the final as they kept going and, in a more even second half, scored a try from Mark Irwin which was converted by Luke Johnson.

Ross Barton was their man of the match.

The Distington try-scorers were Matt Hewer with two, Liam McNicholas, Steven Conway, Jack Penrice, man-of-the-match Bryan Ritchie and Ryan Hodgson, while Kieran Worthington kicked seven goals.