Champions Distington were taken all the way by Wath Brow A in an entertaining Cumberland Amateur Rugby League Premier Division clash.

Distington needed a late try three minutes from time to win 22-20.

Trailing 18-4 at half-time Wath Brow had come back well to lead only to be denied.

Man-of-the-match Gavin Martin scored two tries, while Kieran Ritchie, Steve Clarke and Matt Hewer added one each for Distington but there was only one conversion from Kieran Worthington.

The Wath Brow tries were scored by Jay Wetherall, Jordan Cricket, David Bradley and James Dixon, with two conversions from Sam Curwen. Hornets’ man of the match was Ellison Holgate.

Also in the Premier Division, Ellenborough scored their first win of the second phase when they were successful 24-4 at Seaton.

They had opened up a 20-4 lead by half-time but in an extremely hotly contested second half could only add one more try.

Matty Heywood scored the Seaton try with Ellenborough’s touchdowns coming from Jason Graham and Kevin Hoban with a brace of tries each and Kai Gilhespy with one. Owen Hoyles kicked two goals.

Glasson continue to impress in the second half of the campaign and beat Hensingham A 28-10, although the victory was marred by a broken arm for Matthew Burns.

Burns had actually crossed for one of the five Glasson tries, followed over by Gary Taylor, James Taylor, Danny Jones and Brad Oglanby. There were four goals from Jason Connery while Danny Barker was their man of the match.

The Hensingham tries came from Craig Branthwaite and Nick Maudling, with one goal from Ellis Postlethwaite. Daniel McGarry was their man of the match.

In Division One, Aspatria Hornets scored a welcome win at Seaton A, building on a 22-2 half-time lead to win 38-12.

Ryan Jones, Grant Jones and man-of-the-match Keith Hunter were the try scorers for Seaton with Ross Barton, Kristian Beattie, Alex Barton, man-of-the-match Luke Johnson, Luke Crossman, Mark Deans and Steven Green crossing for Aspatria. Johnson kicked five goals.

There was a good game at Lowca where Cockermouth worked hard to complete a 22-14 victory.

Jamie Lightfoot, Jack Clark, Regan Tinnion and Connor Barnard scored the Cockermouth tries, with three goals from Clark. Jonathan Goulding was their man of the match.

The Lowca tries were scored by man-of-the-match Emmerson Allen, with two, and Tony Hetherington, with one conversion from Keith Campbell.

The game between Kells A and Ellenborough A was postponed.