A feast of points delighted the Friday-night followers in the Iggesund Cumberland ARL with 84 scored at Kells.

The club’s A team beat visitors Cockermouth Titans 50-34 in an entertaining contest which produced 15 tries.

Kells A, who led 34-16 at half-time, scored nine of those tries through Ryan Fisher (3), Barry Boyd (2), Jordan Cunningham, Harry Watson, Daniel Starkie and man of the match Will Ennis. Cameron Taylor kicked seven goals.

Cockermouth responded with tries from Luke Armstrong (2), Scott Burgess (2), Jack Clark and Lewis Shield. Clark landed five goals and Matthew Wilson picked up Titans’ man of the match award.

The game at Seaton between the host club’s first team and Maryport was called off on Friday night because the pitch was said to be too hard.

League leaders Ellenborough were in unstoppable form at Lowca where they were 76-12 winners, scoring 14 tries and rattling them in at regular intervals as they led 36-0 at the break.

The tries came from Luke Penrice (3), man of the match Kevin Hoban (3), Jordan Ostle (2), Ben Robinson (2), Andrew Ostle, Rhys Burr, Shane Ackerley and Craig Dowling. There were 10 goals for Owen Hoyles.

Lowca managed tries from Jacob Johnston and James Finnegan, both converted by Keith Campbell, with Kieran Murray picking up their man of the match.

One black mark for Ellenborough on the day, however, was the fact that their newly-formed A team was unable to field enough players to take on the first team’s title rivals, Distington.

Third-in-the-table Wath Brow A won again, beating Glasson 30-24 after they had edged a tight first half 12-6. Glasson gave a good account of themselves a week earlier against Ellenborough and continued in the same vein during an entertaining contest.

Dan Fryer (2), Keenan Winter and John Dollochin scored the Glasson tries with Winter landing four goals. Matthew Burns was man of the match.

For Wath Brow there were tries from Sam Curwen, Aiden Dawson, man of the match Brad White, Dale Bell and Ian Graffin, with Curwen landing five goals.

Aspatria, who enjoyed their first win of the season a week earlier, could not follow up against Egremont and went down 30-18 after only trailing 6-4 at half time.

Callum Aitken, Lee Cruden, Dan Caine and Kevin Thompson scored the Egremont tries and Billy Thompson added five goals. Toby Corrie was their man of the match.

Aspatria responded with tries from Ross Barton, Richard Holliday, Luke Johnson and Scott Donald. Johnson converted one while Alex Barton was their man of the match.

There was a remarkable match at Hensingham where the home A team beat Seaton A 46-42 where both teams scored seven tries.

Crossing for Seaton tries were Lewis Mason (2), Matty Heywood, Gareth Norris, Stephen Newell, Todd Wilkinson and man of the match Jordan Pritt. Nick Burgess landed seven goals.

For Hensingham there were tries from Luke Richardson (2), Todd Woods, Dane Richardson, Jordan Thompson, Jamie Glasgow and Stephen Hodgson. The nine goals from Josh Hillier (7) and man of the match Noel Branthwaite (2) made the difference.