Joint leaders Ellenborough and Distington continued their winning ways in the Iggesund Cumberland ARL in the latest round of matches.

Elbra needed a strong second-half performance to beat Cockermouth 48-26 while Distington had a bit more in hand, beating Aspatria 46-12.

After a tight first half, Ellenborough only led 14-8 as another man-of-the-match display from Jack Clark kept the Titans in contention. But Elbra gave themselves a bit more breathing space after the restart and finished the game with nine tries to pull clear.

Luke Penrice (2), Kevin Hoban (2), man-of-the-match Niall Gray (2), Jordan Ostle, Andrew Ostle and Kai Gilhespy scored the Ellenborough tries, with six goals from Owen Hoyles.

Cockermouth’s tries came from Luke Armstrong (2), Clark, Matthew Wilson and Chris Graham. Clark kicked three goals.

Distington kept pace with their rivals by earning what, in the end, was a comfortable victory over pointless Aspatria Hornets.

They led 20-6 at half time and more than doubled that advantage after the break with their tries coming from Bryan Ritchie (2), Liam McNicholas, Adam Conway, Stephen Clark, Ryan Hodgson, Callum Weightman, Scott George and Shaun Adams.

There were five conversions from Kieran Worthington while Kelvin Lynch won their man-of-the-match award.

Aspatria managed two tries from Gary Armstrong and man of the match Luke Crossman, both converted by Luke Johnson.

Wath Brow A continued their pursuit of the big two with a 64-18 home win over Seaton A, building on a 30-12 half-time lead.

There was a good battle between two of the league’s A teams as Ellenborough A earned the points with a 26-22 win at Hensingham A.

The try scorers for the home side were Craig Branthwaite, James Hood, Stephen Hodgson and Josh Hillier, with three goals by Hillier.

But Ellenborough A won it with touchdowns from Luke Penrice (2), Zac Olstrum, Jordan Ostle and Clayton Kewin with three goals by Michael Hill.

Glasson Rangers won their derby clash with Maryport 40-18 after they had established an 18-6 lead by half time.

In an entertaining game at Gillfoot, Egremont A beat Lowca 38-24 after establishing a 24-14 lead by half time.

Try scorers for Egremont were Lee Cruden (3), Pat Bennett, Brad Long, Toby Corrie and Jim Temple, with five goals from man of the match Billy Thompson.

Lowca responded with tries by Toby Finlay, Emerson Allen, Jordan Milburn and Jacob Johnston. Keith Campbell kicked two goals and Jordan Allen was named man of the match.