Workington Town have lost their 100 per cent record this season after going down at the hands of Doncaster at the Keepmoat Stadium.

It was a tough game throughout with both sides having their chances but in the end Doncaster just had too much in the tank and won 20-10.

It was pretty even to start with but when Doncaster got a foothold in the game they quickly doubled their lead to hit their visitors hard.

Town battled to try and get back on the scoreboard and in the latter stages of the half they got their just rewards with a converted try to bring them back within touching distance at 12-6.

The opening 10 minutes saw plenty of action at both ends with Town having a couple of chances to go over the line but they couldn't quite finish them off due to a knock-on and the final ball going astray.

And they were forced to defend off their own line as Doncaster pressed as well on their home turf, looking for revenge after Town put them out of last season's play-off semi-final.

The breakthrough came in the 18th minute and it was a solo effort from the Dons' Hull FC dual registration player Hakim Miloudi who went on a run from inside his own half. Town tried to chase him down but couldn't and the full-back touched down with Matt Beharrell adding the extras for 6-0.

And just five minutes later Miloudi broke the Town line for a second time to extend the home side's lead, twisting his way over from dummy-half. Beharrell was again on target and Doncaster were 12-0 ahead.

Workington were not about to give up though and in the dying minutes of the first half they got some great field position after a superb run from Jamie Doran.

Then they were handed a penalty in front of the posts and they quickly slung the ball out wide where Elliott Miller had the strength to get the ball down, with Carl Forber converting from wide out to reduce the deficit to six points.

Into the second half and Doncaster were reduced to 12 men a few minutes in as Ryan Dixon was sent to the sin-bin after a high shot on Andrew Dawson.

Workington looked to attack use their man advantage but then Doncaster delivered a blow as Kieran Cross intercepted a pass from Sean Penkywicz and raced the length of the field to score. Beharrell kept up his goal kicking form and added the extras to stretch the lead out to 18-6.

In the end Doncaster returned to a full complement before Town got over the line as Tyllar Mellor spun off a tackle to go over the line and score but Forber's conversion was just wide of the uprights.

Workington kept on pressing as they made a break down the right side, but Jonathan Walsh knocked on at the vital moment and Town were left still eight points in arrears.

But with five minutes to go, Workington's job got harder when they conceded a penalty and Beharrell slotted it over to make the difference 10 points and that was the way it ended with the home side recording a 20-10 win.