Distington and Hensingham had already served-up one cracker in the Iggesund Cumberland ARL – and they didn’t disappoint in the return.

Hensingham had won their home game by two points and it was a similar story at Distington with the hosts edging a superb contest 12-10.

In front of a near-300 crowd, Hensingham were first off the mark with a try from Josh Rogerson on 23 minutes, followed-up by a Jack Kellett penalty six minutes later.

Five minutes before the break, Distington drew level when Aiden Worthington crossed the line for a try which was converted by Steve Clarke.

All-square going into the second half, Distington took the lead on 58 minutes.

Jamie Friel chipped the ball over the defence and re-gathered his kick to go in just to the right of the posts. Clarke converted.

Hensingham closed the gap on 64 minutes when Liam Campbell nipped in for a try which, crucially, went unconverted.

It was tight and frantic over the closing stages but Distington were still in front to the final whistle.

The awards for the man-of-the-match went to Bryan Ritchie (Distington) and Scott McAvoy (Hensingham).

Well done to Glasson Rangers for registering their first win of the season, 26-24 at Kells A.

Although stuck at the bottom of the table beforehand, Glasson have played well in parts during most of the games, and were able to stick it together consistently to gain that elusive first victory.

Glasson out-scored their hosts five tries to four with their touchdowns coming from Josh Ackerley (2), Grant Bethwaite, Craig Foster and Kieran Hughes. Keenan Winter landed three conversions.

Kells tries came from Ryan Starkie (2), Daniel Starkie and Jake Parker with four goals being supplied by Parker.

Ryan Starkie was man-of-the-match for Kells A with the Glasson award going to Gary Tierney.

There was a good contest at Seaton where Ellenborough retained their eight-point advantage in an even second period. Leading 18-10 at the break, they eventually won 32-24.

Miguel Blanco-Charters (2), Callum Watson, Euan Nicholson and Matthew Dixon scored the Seaton tries with Kieran Mewse putting over two kicks.

Man-of-the-match Kevin Hoban grabbed a hat-trick of tries for Elbra with Shane Ackerley and Zac Olstrum also touching down. Owen Hoyles landed six goals. Oscar Harris was man-of-the-match for Seaton.

The two games in Division One were not as close, producing comfortable victories for the leaders Wath Brow A and their nearest rivals Cockermouth Titans.

But certainly bottom side Hensingham A did better than most people were imagining before the game with the Hornets. It was only 14-0 at half-time and finished 28-4.

Andrew Smith scored the Hensingham try and Nicky Anderson won the man-of-the-match award.

The Wath Brow tries came from Jake Pearce, Joe Power, man-of-the-match Greg Dawson, Aiden Dawson, Luke Davidson and Dave Richardson. Sam Curwen converted two.

Cockermouth led Lowca 22-0 at the break and went on to win 40-6 as they still look the only threat to Wath Brow’s title ambitions.

Man-of-the-match Jack Clark scored two tries and kicked six goals for the Titans with the other tries coming from Brad Taylor (2), Matthew Jackson, Matty Skillen and Nathan Lawman.

Jacob Johnston went in for the Lowca try which was converted by Keith Campbell. James McNally was their man-of-the-match.