Distington are closing in on the Iggesund Cumberland ARL Premier Division title as main rivals Hensingham continue to stumble.

While leaders Distington were winning handsomely, 50-0 at Seaton, Hensingham were going down 19-12 at Kells A.

Seaton were weakened for the visit of Distington and it was pretty plain-sailing for the leaders as they swept to a 50-0 victory, scoring nine tries in the process.

Man-of-the-match Jamie Friel helped himself to a hat-trick of tries for Distington and was followed over by Steve Clark, Aiden Worthington, Liam McNicholas, Steve Conway, Gavin Martin and Shaun Adams. Clark landed seven goals.

Veteran James Robinson, the former Workington Town and Whitehaven forward, helped out Seaton and did enough to win their man-of-the-match award.

Hensingham, by comparison, struggled at Kells where they trailed 12-6 at the break and were unable to peg back the deficit. Indeed, a field goal from Grant Gainford meat Hensingham lost by seven points in the end.

Luke Shaw, Aaron Burns and Harry Watson scored the Kells tries with Jake Parker kicking three goals. Chris Smith and Gary Hanlon scored the Hensingham tries, both converted by Jack Kellett.

Callum Kinrade was the Kells man-of-the-match with Josh Rogerson picking up the award for Hensingham.

A big second-half performance from Ellenborough swung their local derby with Glasson so that they finished ahead 32-18.

It had been anybody’s at half-time when Elbra were sitting on an 18-12 lead, but gradually, they were able to pull away.

Man-of-the-match Gary Tierney (2) and John Dollachin scored the Glasson tries with Kennan Winter supplying three goals.

The Ellenborough tries came from Luke Penrice (3), Brett Stevenson, Matty Bell and Jonty Hill with four goals by Owen Hoyles. Jordan Ostle was Elbra’s man-of-the-match.

Wath Brow A will win the First Division Championship as they moved eight points clear of their nearest rivals Cockermouth by beating them 36-8.

The Titans had home advantage, but at half-time, they were looking at an 18-0 deficit and, in the second half, could only manage one try by their man-of-the-match Johnny Goulding, converted by Jack Clark.

For Wath Brow, there were tries from Lewis McCarron (2), Dale Bell, Matt Sibbald, man-of-the-match Karl Dixon and Jamie Sharp. Sam Curwen put over six goals.