THE COUNTY OF CUMBRIA (BROW TOP, WORKINGTON AND C2030 BRANTHWAITE) (TEMPORARY TRAFFIC REGULATION) ORDER 2021Notice ID: BRA2187216
THE COUNTY OF CUMBRIA (BROW TOP, WORKINGTON AND C2030 BRANTHWAITE) (TEMPORARY TRAFFIC REGULATION) ORDER 2021
NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN that to enable Network Plus to carry out cable installation works ("the Works"), the Count/ Council of Cumbria intends to make an Order the effect of which is to prohibit any vehicle from proceeding along the following sections of road:-
1. Brow Top, Workington: From a point approx. 140m north west of its junction with Speedwell Lane extending in a north westerly direction for approx. 240m.
Alternative route: via the unrestricted sections of Brow Top, Derwent Street, William Street, A597, Falcon Street, Station road, Oxford Street, Murray Road and Speedwell Lane.
From: 26 September 2021 for approx 1 day (Ref AL21-372)
N.B. To facilitate the alternative route the one-way restriction on the entire length of Derwent Street, Workington (south east to north west), and the entire length of Brow Top, Workington (south east to north west) will hereby be temporarily suspended for the duration of the above closure.
2. C2030 Branthwaite: From a point approx 260m south of its junction with the C2031 extending in a south easterly direction for approx. 90m.
Alternative route: via the unrestricted sections of the C2030, A5086, Shawbank Brow, C2036 and C303I.
From: 27 September 2021 for approx 3 days (Ref: AL21 -375) A way for pedestrians and dismounted cyclists will be maintained at all times.
Nothing in the Order to which this notice relates shall:
1. Apply to emergency service vehicles, or vehicles being used by statutory undertakers in the performance of their duties; and
2. Apply to anything done with the permission or at the direction of a police constable in uniform; and
3. Have the effect of preventing at any time access for pedestrians to any premises situated on or adjacent to the roads, or to any other premises accessible for pedestrians from, and only from the roads; and
4. Apply to vehicles being used in connection with the Works. Any queries to the Highways Hotline 0300 303 2992 or email
, quoting the references as specified above.
The Order will come into operation on 26 September 2021 and may continue in force for a maximum duration of eighteen months. However, please note that it is anticipated that the restrictions will only be required as specified above and only as and when the relevant traffic signs are displayed. Chief Legal Officer, Cumbria County Council, Cumbria House, 117 Botchergate, Carlisle CA1 1RD
Dated: 9 September 2021