THE COUNTY OF CUMBRIA (HILTON TERRACE, WHITEHAVEN, TODHOLES ROAD, CLEATOR MOOR AND B5344 DRIGG ROAD, SEASCALE] (TEMPORARY TRAFFIC REGULATION) ORDER 2021Notice ID: BRA2035429
THE COUNTY OF CUMBRIA (HILTON TERRACE, WHITEHAVEN, TODHOLES ROAD, CLEATOR MOOR AND B5344 DRIGG ROAD, SEASCALE] (TEMPORARY TRAFFIC REGULATION) ORDER 2021
NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN that to enable Northern Gas Networks to carry out utility works ("the Works"), the County Council of Cumbria has made an Order the effect of which is to prohibit any vehicle from:-
1. Waiting at any time, on any day (including disabled blue badge holders), and loading/unloading at any time, on any day along that section of Hilton Terrace, Whitehaven (both sides) from its junction with James Pitt Road extending in a north easterly direction for approx 20m.
From: 6 April 2021 for approx. I week (Red C02I -56)
2. Proceeding along the following lengths of road:-
(i) Todholes Road, Cleator Moor From its junction with Ennerdale Road extending in a south westerly direction to its junction with Cragg Road roundabout.
Alternative route: via Ennerdale Road, Priory Drive and Cragg Road.
From: 19 April 2021 for approx 3 weeks (ref: C02I -57)
(ii) B5344 Drigg Road, Seascale: From a point approx 30m east of its junction with Station Road extending in an easterly direction for approx 250m.
Alternative route: via the unrestricted section of the B5344 (Holmrook), A595 (Gosforth) and Gosforth Road (Seascale). From: 26 April 2021 for approx 3 days (ref: C021 -58) Phased works will not necessarily be done in numerical order. The contractor will ensure that local residents and the general public are informed of which roads are to be closed and when, nearer the time.
A way for pedestrians and dismounted cyclists will be maintained at all times.
Nothing in the Order to which this notice relates shall:
1. Apply to emergency service vehicles, or vehicles being used by statutory undertakers in the performance of their duties; and
2. Apply to anything done with the permission or at the direction of a police constable in uniform; and
3. Have the effect of preventing at any time access for pedestrians to any premises situated on or adjacent to the roads, or to any other premises accessible for pedestrians from, and only from the roads; and
4. Apply to vehicles being used in connection with the Works. Any queries to the Highways Hotline 0300 303 2992 or email
, quoting the references as specified above.
The Order will come into operation on 6 April 2021 and may continue in force for a maximum duration of eighteen months. However, please note that it is anticipated that the restrictions will only be required as specified above and only as and when the relevant traffic signs are displayed. Chief Legal Officer, Cumbria County Council, Cumbria House, 117 Botchergate, Carlisle CAI IRD
Dated: 31 March 2021