THE COUNTY OF CUMBRIA (VARIOUS ROADS IN THE COPELAND AREA) (TEMPORARY TRAFFIC REGULATION) (NO.I) ORDER 2020Notice ID: BRA1704046
THE COUNTY OF CUMBRIA (VARIOUS ROADS IN THE COPELAND AREA) (TEMPORARY TRAFFIC REGULATION) (NO.I) ORDER 2020
NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN that to enable Cumbria Highways to carry out highways works ("the Works"), the County Council of Cumbria has made an Order the effect of which is to prohibit any vehicle from proceeding along the lengths of road specified in the attached Schedule.
Suitable diversion routes will be indicated on site by the display of relevant traffic signs as and when the temporary closures are in force.
Phased works will not necessarily be done in numerical order. The contractor will ensure that local residents and the general public are informed of which roads are to be closed and when, nearer the time.
A way for pedestrians and dismounted cyclists will be maintained at all times.
Nothing in the Order to which this notice relates shall:
1. Apply to emergency service vehicles, or vehicles being used by statutory undertakers in the performance of their duties; and
2. Apply to anything done with the permission or at the direction of a police constable in uniform; and
3. Have the effect of preventing at any time access for pedestrians to any premises situated on or adjacent to the roads, or to any other premises accessible for pedestrians from, and only from the roads; and
4. Apply to vehicles being used in connection with the Works. Any queries to the Highways Hotline 0300 303 2992 or email
, quoting the references specified in the Schedule.
The Order will come into operation on 18 May 2020 and may continue in force for a maximum duration of eighteen months. However, please note that it is anticipated that the restrictions will only be required for 3 months in total and only as and when the relevant traffic signs are displayed. Chief Legal Officer, Cumbria County Council, Cumbria House, 117 Botchergate, Carlisle, CAI IRD Dated: 13 May 2020 SCHEDULE EXTENT OF RESTRICTIONS AND ALTERNATIVE ROUTES
1. Irish Street, Whitehaven - Approx Duration 2 weeks (Ref: GII0/20/C33)
From its junction with Roper Street extending in a westerly direction for approx. 155m.
Alternative route: via Lowther Street, Strand Street, Duke Street, Scotch Street, Flat Walks, Coach Road and Preston Street.
N.B. As Irish Street is a one way street an access-only alternative route will be available via Roper Street, Market Place and Strand Street joining the diversion main route.
2. Solway Road, Kells, Whitehaven - Approx Duration 3 days (Ref: Gl I0/20/C34)
From its junction with High Road extending in a south westerly direction for approx 30m.
Alternative route: via the unrestricted section of Solway Road, Ravenhill Road and High Road.
3. Abbey Road, St Bees - Approx Duration 3 days (Ref: GII0/20/C35)
From its junction with Main Street extending in a south westerly direction for approx 50m.
Alternative route: via the unrestricted section of Abbey Road, Station Road and Main Street
4. Main Street, St Bees - Approx Duration I week (Ref: Gl I0/20/C36)
From its junction with Finkle Street extending in a south easterly direction for approx 40m.
Alternative route: via the unrestricted section of the B5345 (Main Street and St Bees Road), A595, and Mirehouse Road.
5. Solway Road, Moresby - Approx Duration 4 weeks (Ref: GII0/20/C39)
From a point adjacent to No. 36 Solway Road, Moresby extending in a north easterly direction for approx. 150m. There is no suitable alternative route available for vehicles.
6. C4002 Woodend, Egremont - Approx. Duration 2 weeks (Ref: Gl I0/20/C40)
From its junction with the U4030 extending in an overall south westerly direction for approx 520m. Alternative route: via the unrestricted section of the C4002, A5086and A595.