THE COUNTY OF CUMBRIA (Ul 181 LOW CROSBYNotice ID: BRA1574016
THE COUNTY OF CUMBRIA (Ul 181 LOW CROSBY
AND Ul 165 COCKLAKES, NEAR CARLISLE) (TEMPORARY TRAFFIC REGULATION) ORDER 2020
NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN that to enable United Services Ltd to cany out pole replacement works ("the Works"), the County Council of Cumbria has made an Order the effect of which is to prohibit any vehicle from proceeding along the following lengths of road;
1. UII8I Low Crosby, near Carlisle from its junction with U1183 High Crosby, extending in an overall south easterly direction for approx. 2375m to its junction with the C1013 Little Corby Road;
Alternative Route: via the unrestricted sections of the Ul 181, A689 and CI0I3.
2. U1165 Cocklakes, near Carlisle from a point adjacent to the properties known as Hill Top Cottages, extending in a north easterly direction for approx. 140m;
Alternative Route: via the unrestricted sections of the Ul 165, CI040 Cumwhinton, B6263, Golden Fleece Roundabout and the A6.
Duration: Both restrictions are scheduled to take effect from 26 February 2020 for approx. 3 days.
A way for pedestrians and dismounted cyclists will be maintained at all times.
Nothing in the Order to which this notice relates shall:
1. Apply to emergency service vehicles, or vehicles being used by statutory undertakers in the performance of their duties; and
Apply to emergency service vehicles, or vehicles being used by statutory undertakers in the performance of their duties; and
2. Apply to anything done with the permission or at the direction of a police constable in uniform; and
3. Have the effect of preventing at any time access for pedestrians to any premises situated on or adjacent to the roads, or to any other premises accessible for pedestrians from, and only from the roads; and
4. Apply to vehicles being used in connection with the Works. Any queries to the Highways Hodine 0300 303 2992 or email
quoting the references C437 and C438.
The Order will come into operation on 26 February 2020 and may continue in force for a maximum duration of eighteen months. However, please note that it is anticipated that the restrictions will only be required for as detailed above and only as and when the relevant traffic signs are displayed. Chief Legal Officer, Cumbria County Council, Cumbria House, 117 Botchergate, Carlisle CAI IRD, Dated: 21 February 2020