Whitehaven Post 16 Centre
Published at 16:07, Wednesday, 20 August 2008
MAKING the decision to continue your education beyond 16 can be a big step but a rewarding and enjoyable one, providing you with new knowledge, skills, friends and prospects for your working life ahead. But don't just take our word for it... see what our students have to say.
Natalie Byers, Year 12: I am glad I stayed on at Whitehaven Post-16 centre because I have enjoyed my first year here. The thing I like about the centre is the great atmosphere among the students. Everyone is so friendly and knows each other. The teachers are very supportive and always put their students first. If you ever need to talk to anyone about any problems you have, there are plenty of people you can go to.
Andrew James, Year 12: Although I have struggled with the workload this year, I have thoroughly enjoyed my first year in sixth form. Even when I have struggled I feel that the teachers have been very helpful and friendly with me, wanting me to achieve my potential and do the best that I can. There is a good atmosphere in this school and I couldn’t imagine studying anywhere else.
Natasha Wadsworth, Year 12: I came to Whitehaven Sixth Form from another school. Starting something new is always daunting but my arrival at Whitehaven was warm and welcoming. Academically and socially the Centre has provided me with a wealth of opportunities that make me feel part of the school community.
Published by http://www.cumberlandnews.co.uk
- Thousands welcome troops to Whitehaven (8 comments)
- Cumbria police investigate sudden death of man, 18
- NMP ‘needs to change – or lose Sellafield contract’ (15 comments)
- Woman found dead in Wath Brow
- Hell on the Harbourside
- Fears that state of lighthouses will stop people visiting Whitehaven (25 comments)
- Go-ahead for superfast broadband roll-out across Cumbria (27 comments)
- Police called to 'out of control' birthday party (21 comments)
- Plans made to stop using Ennerdale as water source (10 comments)
- At The Playgound festival at Whitehaven - review and pictures (3 comments)