Relaxed Isis aids Emma to a string of victories at Church House
Last updated at 14:27, Thursday, 06 October 2011
THE series finals of Church House Dressage took place last month. Despite torrential rain and gale force winds, Cumbrian riders sho-wed their enthusiasm for dr-essage with over 40 entries.
Riders were also competing on the day for the overall point’s section for each class.
The event was well attended with riders ranging from eight-year-old Katie Graves riding Harry to Karen Polmear, from Gosforth, who is back riding after a long break and competing on a new horse.
Emma Owens from Egremont had a fantastic day with her 10-year-old warmblood mare Isis. She went home with several wins but the biggest achievement for Emma and Isis was the imp-rovement in tests and the relaxation Isis has shown.
Emma won the overall points champion for the Intro A, Intro B and was awarded the Sally Coles Photography voucher by the judges for the most improved horse and rider combination.
Millbry Hill and Jen’s Rosettes also sponsored the event and Emma went home with gift vouchers and plenty of equestrian goodies.
Gillian Kilburn and the delightful fell pony Kerbeck Fire Cracker took the overall points section for the prelim 18. Gillian has again proved that dressage is for horses of all shapes and sizes.
Alison Fligg of Fligg Equine credits her championship wins in the overall points for Prelim 18 and Novice 28 to the recent training she has been having with Stuart Metcalf.
Alison has also made the step up to the elementary level with her horse Digger and took first place in this class too.
Church House Dressage will be running again next year and are looking to host some dressage training clinics and test riding demonstrations through the winter.
If you are interested in attending or would like to use your horse in the demos please get in touch with Nicky Phizacklea for more information. Email him at: email@example.com or kaye stanley at firstname.lastname@example.org
Overall points champion - Emma Owens - Isis.
1 Sarah Irving - Noble; 2 Jenna Fye - Blackie; 3 Sarah Irving – Harry; 4 Karen Polmear - Spot; 5 Emma Owens - Isis; 6 Charlotte Adams - Ruby.
Overall Points champion Emma Owens - Isis.
1 Emma Owens - Isis; 2 Jenna Fye - Blackie; 3 Sarah Irving – Noble; 4 Stella Messenger - Ella; 5 Katie Graves - Harry; 6 Karen Polmear - Spot.
Overall Points champion Alison Elliot - Will O Wisp.
1 Sandra Davis - Angel; 2 Christen Hilton - Manhattan Macy; 3 Gillian Kilburn - Fire Cracker; 4 Alison Fligg - Will O Wisp; 5 Ellyn Groat - Fizzy.
Overall Points champion – Gillian Kilburn - Fire Cracker
1 Alison Fligg – Will O Wisp; 2 Jo Renfrew - Ryan; 3 Gillian Killburn - Kerbeck Fire Cracker; 4 Christen Hilton - Manhattan Macy; 5 Becky Paul - The fiddler; 6 Emma Owens - Isis.
Overall Points Champion - Alison Fligg - Digger.
1 Alison Fligg- Digger; 2 Jill Paul - The Fiddler; 3 Jo Renfrew - Ryan.
1 Alison Fligg - Digger; 2 Jill Paul - The Fiddler.
First published at 11:11, Thursday, 06 October 2011
Published by http://www.whitehavennews.co.uk
- New build work causes a landslide nextdoor
- Taxi driver who picked up pupil had no licence or insurance
- Cumbrian swimmer makes a splash
- Studsvik boss departs after auditor’s report
- The quiet genius from Greenbank
- Dad jailed for neglect
- Northumbria Healthcare Foundation Trust
- Divers check safety of homes (1 comment)
- Community rallies behind flash flood victims
- Council tax benefits shake-up (6 comments)
- Major Whitehaven roadworks ahead (4 comments)
- Dad jailed for neglect
- £100k scratchcard win for delighted mum Carol, 41 (2 comments)
- Cheaper fuel bills – thanks to mines (3 comments)
- Daily struggles leave Dawn desperate for vital support
- Temporary stop in bus station work (5 comments)
- 92 homes on cards for Kangol site (1 comment)
- Don’t take Tom’s lifeline say parents
- Nicola awaits the next call from BGT...
- £1,000 bonus for Sellafield workers (18 comments)