Continue We want you to get the most out of using this website, which is why we and our partners use cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to receive these cookies. You can find out more about how we use cookies here.

Wednesday, 01 July 2015

Subscriptions  |  evouchers  |  Jobs  |  Property  |  Motors  |  Travel  |  Dating  |  Family Notices

Adams overcomes Henry in knockout

THE Eddie Shimmings league fixtures took a back seat in the latest round of ties as the league singles knockout quarter-finals were completed.

Workington’s Ryan Adams played host to Ryan Henry of Whitehaven in a Premiership versus division one clash.

Adams was never really troubled as the top flight third placed contender defeated division one front-runner Henry by three frames to nil.

Henry’s strongest challenge came in the final frame which went down to the colours.

The toughest tie of the round came at the Marchon Club where Whitehaven’s Vito Shipley encountered the fast improving Ryan Ismay of Maryport in an all-premiership battle.

Shipley started in positive fashion making a break of 43 on his way to a slid opening frame lead.

Ismay levelled the match with a competitive second then went into the lead with a comfortable third for 2-1.

Shipley once again raised his game to construct a 33 break to level the tie again to leave everything hinging on the fifth and final frame of the evening.

In an entertaining match the result went right to the wire in favour of the Maryport Social young cueist to avenge his recent league defeat to Shipley.

The third quarter-final tie saw another all-premiership fixture as Workington’s Peter O’Hagan found himself up against Mike Park of Maryport. It was all one-way traffic on this occasion however as O’Hagan earned a comfortable 3-0 result.

Finally there was an all-first division encounter as Clifton’s Richard Nelson was home to Cleator Moor’s Michael Walker.

After Nelson had attained a comfortable 2-0 lead Walker raised his game with his back to the wall as he pushed Nelson all the way in frame three with the Queen’s Head potter securing his semi-final berth with a black-ball deciding third frame.

The semi-final ties are Adams versus O’Hagan and Ismay versus Nelson and are best of five frames to be completed at neutral league venues by Sunday, March 18.

In a handful of Eddie Shimmings league fixtures completed O’Hagan extended his premiership lead to nine points as he overcame the challenge of Flimby’s Kevin Kirkham 5-0.

In the second tier Workington’s Clive Lister got back on track in a hard fought match against Andrew Mitchelhill of Harrington, winning 3-2.

Lister extends his second placed lead to nine points whilst Mitchelhill joins three other competitors on 31 points in the third placed chasing pack whom many have games in hand of Lister.

Flimby’s Geoff Banton moved into the four-way battle for third as he inflicted a 5-0 defeat onto Maryport’s Shaun Moore.


Hot jobs
Search for:
Whitehavennews Newspaper