Robert heads back to Celtic after Preston NE trials
Last updated at 14:19, Thursday, 22 September 2011
YOUNGSTER Robert Davidson has returned to Cleator Moor Celtic under-9s following a successful trial with Preston North End.
Robert has spent the last month heading up and down the motorway to train with the League One side.
And on Sunday, he starred in their 4-1 win over Bradford City.
However, the travelling proved to be a problem for Robert and he has decided to remain with his Celtic team-mates.
A club spokesman said: “It has been a wonderful experience for Robert. On Sunday he played on the wing in the same shirt as one of his heroes Tom Finney.
“He likes to read about all the old players so to be on the same side as one of his favourites was a big thing for him.
“Unfortunately the travelling has proved to much and Robert has decided to stay with his friends at Cleator Moor Celtic.”
Robert returned to Celtic on Monday and put in a man-of-the-match display against Maryport Monsters, see match report on page 44.
First published at 11:11, Thursday, 22 September 2011
Published by http://www.whitehavennews.co.uk
- Clean-up mission needed for pond
- Man caught with child porn images
- Huntsman: The great betrayal
- Egremont continue title surge
- Nearly 100 getting back to fitness among friends
- Fell meat... direct from farm to your table
- Cycling event will put town on map
- Cumbrian council chiefs under fire over farming and tourism
- You’re hired: partnership secures apprentice training
- Beehive memories
- Cap’n Senny’s to shut and become flats (11 comments)
- Unions slam health bosses for "betraying community" (6 comments)
- What now for Whitehaven's old Woolies store? (15 comments)
- Council sets out stall for Market Hall’s future (2 comments)
- Cyclists get on their bikes in memory of David
- Roper Street residents plagued by rats (1 comment)
- Help to decide councillors' allowances (5 comments)
- Egremont Crab Fair 2014
- Pensioner injured in town centre bus crash
- Family asks: have we been sold a pup? (15 comments)