St Bees progress in cup
Published at 11:17, Thursday, 17 January 2013
WEDNESDAY night saw Hensingham travel to St Bees in the Smurfitt Kappa Conway Cup Round 1, but lost out 2-1.
St Bees’ scorers were Stephen Miller (2) and Damien King. Ryan Benson Getting the consolation for the visitors.
In the Focsa Ken Glover Memorial Shield Prelim Round, Aspatria and Warwick Wanderers got through to round 1 without kicking a ball. Parton Utd and Frizington White Star couldn’t raise a team and forfeited the tie.
Borough FC entertained Workington Red Star, for the visitors to edge by the odd goal in five, 2-3.
Hensingham saw off a St Bees side 6-2 with goals from Ryan Benson 2, Dan Wilkins, Dan Fowler, Ashley Thursby and James Webster.
Netherhall easily progressed with a 4-0 win over Cockermouth. Ben Byers, Chris Dawes, Gary Pearson and Andrew Lowes scoring for the home side.
It took extra time to separate Windscale Res and Whitehaven Miners, with the score 1-1 after 90 minutes. Zac Starkey scored for Scales Res and Liam Monaghan for Miners. It took an extra time goal from Steve McCann to give the tie to Whitehaven Miners 1-2.
In Round 1 Workington Red House overcame St Bees Res 6-1. David Crow getting the consolation for the Seasiders.
In the Tesco Premier League, Longtown and Carlisle City Res. fought out a five-goal thriller with the away side edging 2-3.
Mirehouse entertained Silloth and came away with a 5-3 victory. Connor Holiday hat trick, Gary Wood and Nathan Dryden scoring for Mirehouse.
A late rearranged fixture saw Cleator Moor Celtic Res. travel to Warwick Wanderers. Nothing could separate this game which ended 0-0.
The only Division 1 game saw Wigton Athletic comfortably take all three points with a 6-1 win over Whitehaven AFC Res.
Smurfitt Kappa Conway Cup – Round 1 Tue 8th January 2013
Cleator Moor Celtic Res. P - P Whitehaven Miners; St. Bees 3 - 1 Hensingham
TESCO Premier League: Longtown 2 - 3 Carlisle City Res.; Mirehouse 6 - 1 Silloth; Warwick Wanderers 0 – 0 Cleator Moor Celtic Res
TESCO Division 1: Wigton Athletic 6 - 1 Whitehaven AFC Res.
FOCSA Ken Glover Memorial Shield – Round 1: Cleator Moor Celtic Res. P - P Wigton Harriers; Workington Red House 6 - 1 St. Bees Res.
FOCSA Ken Glover Memorial Shield – Prelim Round:L Aspatria w - w Parton Utd; Borough FC 2 - 3 Workington Red Star; Hensingham 6 - 2 St. Bees; Netherhall 4 - 0 Cockermouth; Warwick Wanderers w - w Frizington White Star; Windscale Res. 1 - 2 Whitehaven Miners (aet)
Smurfitt Kappa Conway Cup – Round 1 Wed 16th January 2013 KO 19:00
Windscale v Frizington White Star
Tesco Premier League Saturday, January 19. Kick-off 2pm.
Borough FC v Longtown; Cleator Moor Celtic Res. v Workington Red House; Silloth v Aspatria; Wigton Harriers v Netherhall
TESCO Division 1
Cockermouth v Parton Utd; Frizington White Star v Whitehaven Miners; Hensingham v Windscale Res.; St. Bees v Wigton Athletic; Workington Red Star v St. Bees Res.
FOCSA Ken Glover Memorial Shield – Round 1 KO 1.30p,
Windscale v Carlisle City Res.
Smurfitt Kappa Conway Cup – Round 1 Tuesday, January 22 KO 6.30pm
Cleator Moor Celtic Res. v Whitehaven Miners
Published by http://www.whitehavennews.co.uk
- Chippy owner celebrates milestone since expansion
- More mopeds help young people to scoot into work
- Overcoming barriers to gaining employability skills
- Insights into GSK expansion
- MEP hails training success
- Electronics are light of town
- Teacher helps schools to compute new IT curriculum
- ‘Anything is possible and never give up’
- Sales strong at quality cattle’s ‘Limmy Day’
- Salon moves ahead with a topping new fashion idea
- Vehicles damaged after bump on the A590 near Newby Bridge
- Baby involved in Walney traffic collision
- Police investigate Barrow garden gnome theft
- Seven tonnes of food given to needy families in Barrow, Ulverston and Millom this year
- Cumbria church rings the changes as 594 -year-old bell comes home
- Barrow entertainer demonstrates skills during one-man concert
- Mum's emotional tribute son found in Windermere
- Thief thanks Carlisle judge for jailing him
- Barrow man in court on child abuse image charges
- Delays caused by train breakdown between Barrow and Ulverston