St Bees ‘eight’ still have sting
Published at 16:10, Thursday, 07 February 2013
JUST as struggling St Bees FC thought their season couldn’t get any worse they where pencilled in against Moor Row’s high-flying title chasers.
To make matters worse the pre-match St Bees head count only tallied up to eight men prior to kickoff.
Surely this was going to be a double figure rout? It looked that way as Moor Row started dominating possession over the eight men. Within 25 minutes the hosts where cruising with a 3-0 lead, but the heads of the Bees stayed high and would not give up and weere determined to see the game to the final whistle with a respectful score line.
In the second half St Bees snatched two goals on the counter attack with a wonder goal from Lewis Barwise and another fine strike by the tireless Scott Robertson.
Sadly with five minutes to go any dreams of an equaliser where dashed when a fourth Moor Row goal finished the game off.
St Bees manager Andy Lomas thanks the loyalty shown by the lads that showed up. He is determined to see the season through.
Anybody wanting to play Sunday morning football please contact senior head coach Wammo Walmsley on 07828877763.
Published by http://www.whitehavennews.co.uk
- Campaigner Carla thrown out of council meeting by police (31 comments)
- Breaking news: Crash on main Whitehaven road
- Whitehaven mayor will be poorest paid in UK (13 comments)
- Eyesore’s revamp - bus station to be transformed after buyout (16 comments)
- Copeland Council owe £15 million for £5 million loan (6 comments)
- ‘Inconsiderate’ motorists are driving residents round the bend (15 comments)
- Whitehaven life in the 1960s (12 comments)
- Cumbrian pub landlady caught with three different drugs
- Partially-sighted man denies sex assaults
- Kai showcases talent at Billy Elliot audition (1 comment)