St Bees ‘eight’ still have sting
Published at 16:10, Thursday, 07 February 2013
JUST as struggling St Bees FC thought their season couldn’t get any worse they where pencilled in against Moor Row’s high-flying title chasers.
To make matters worse the pre-match St Bees head count only tallied up to eight men prior to kickoff.
Surely this was going to be a double figure rout? It looked that way as Moor Row started dominating possession over the eight men. Within 25 minutes the hosts where cruising with a 3-0 lead, but the heads of the Bees stayed high and would not give up and weere determined to see the game to the final whistle with a respectful score line.
In the second half St Bees snatched two goals on the counter attack with a wonder goal from Lewis Barwise and another fine strike by the tireless Scott Robertson.
Sadly with five minutes to go any dreams of an equaliser where dashed when a fourth Moor Row goal finished the game off.
St Bees manager Andy Lomas thanks the loyalty shown by the lads that showed up. He is determined to see the season through.
Anybody wanting to play Sunday morning football please contact senior head coach Wammo Walmsley on 07828877763.
Published by http://www.whitehavennews.co.uk
- Civic Hall and Sports Centre may move out of town (19 comments)
- Classic vehicles on show at Cumbrian vintage club rally
- Charity runners finish on a high note
- Singer Sue brings her music to the masses
- Pros and cons of apprenticeships
- Death of leading figure in town’s fishing industry
- School’s out for ever for Hilary (1 comment)
- Work starts on £700,000 fitness extension at pool (3 comments)
- Dying woman left to wait for hours in Carlisle hospital A&E
- £1.80 an hour to park in Whitehaven town centre? (12 comments)
- Happy ending for grandad’s fairytale (4 comments)
- Joanna back home after collision horror
- Cumbrian man due in court on 11 rape charges
- More hospital services ‘at risk’ (5 comments)
- Teenager bared genitals in front of youngsters
- Cumbria police appeal after man dragged from taxi
- Summer of misery as roadworks begin (1 comment)
- New government plan to deal with radioactive waste (5 comments)
- Send north Cumbria hospitals concerns to Prime Minister