Five alive! Mirehouse bury Borough
Published at 12:06, Thursday, 29 November 2012
THE fixtures were again severely affected by the weather.
In the Premier League Aspatria & Netherhall switched their fixture to play on the astro turf at Netherhall, only for the home side to take full advantage and dominate the game coming away with a good 4-0 victory. Gary Pearson scoring the only goal in a one-sided first half, with Andrew Laws, Dan Burgess penalty and Karl Fillingham completing the goals.
Warwick Wanderers held 3rd place Silloth to a good 2-2 draw, Geordie Atkinson scoring a brace for Wanderers and Andy Hinde & Lewis Muller scoring for the Visitors.
Two games survived in Division 1 with Whitehaven AFC Res. entertaining local Hensingham and taking all 3 points with a 6-2 victory, with Fergus Jean’s hat trick, Graham Hewitt, Luke Connor and Stuart Lofthouse scoring for the home side; Dan Fowler & Callum Milne replying for the visitors.
Parton made the short trip to Workington Red Star only to come away with nothing, Red Star took total control with a 7-0 win, a hat trick from Phil Hancock, with Donnet, Brambly, Tatton & a own goal completing the scorers for Red Star.
Peter Dawson Benevolent Cup Prelim round was played with Carlisle City Reserves progressing to Round 1 with a 9-0 victory over the struggling St Bees Res. Both Gary McVittie and Jack Walker scored three a piece with Ashley Pattinson, Matty Trickett and Peter Allison completing the scoring.
Round 1 saw Mirehouse travel to Borough and travel home with a confident 0-5 win, (Alan Simm 2, Jordan Priestly 2 and Nathan Dryden 1).
Results Tesco Premier League
Aspatria 0 - 4 Netherhall
Warwick Wanderers 2 - 2 Silloth
Wigton Harriers P - P Cleator Moor Celtic Res.
Windscale P - P Longtown
TESCO Division 1
Cockermouth P - P Wigton Athletic
St. Bees P - P Frizington White Star
Whitehaven AFC Res. 6 - 2 Hensingham
Whitehaven Miners P - P Windscale Res.
Workington Red Star 7 - 0 Parton Utd
Peter Dawson Benevolent Cup – Round 1
Borough FC 0 - 5 Mirehouse
Peter Dawson Benevolent Cup – Preliminary Round
Carlisle City Res. 9 - 0 St. Bees Res.
Tesco Premier League Wednesday, November 28 KO 7pm
Cleator Moor Celtic Res. v Borough
Smurfitt Kappa Conway Cup – Round 1 KO 18:30
Hensingham v St. Bees
TESCO Premier League Saturday December 1 KO 2pm
Aspatria v Windscale
Carlisle City Res. v Mirehouse
Workington Red House v Wigton Harriers
Tesco Division 1
Parton v Whitehaven AFC Res.
Windscale Res v Hensingham
Smurfitt Kappa Conway Cup – Round 1 KO 1.30pm
Borough FC v Wigton Athletic
JJ Club (Workington) Whitehaven Cup – Round 1 KO 1.30pm
Cockermouth v Silloth
Netherhall v Workington Red Star
St. Bees Res. v Longtown
Whitehaven Miners v St. Bees
Smurfitt Kappa Conway Cup – Round 1 Wednesday, December 5 KO 6.30pm
Cleator Moor Celtic Res. v Whitehaven Miners.
Published by http://www.whitehavennews.co.uk
- RLFC crew is sent packing!
- Man killed in A595 crash named
- The Cuts: And Disabled Children
- Help our sons get education they deserve
- Respite centre cash pours in thanks to appeal
- Simply splashing! Dawn pulls off kayak challenge
- Dawn’s hair-raising stunt helps disabled children
- Cape help to give local charity a break
- Good idea takes root
- Runner Gillian helps give families a break
- Restrictions aim to tackle parking and road safety in Whitehaven (3 comments)
- Jake, 2, will be 'dearly missed' by devastated family
- 'I had to quit West Cumberland Hospital, but I deeply regret it' (6 comments)
- Caged for ‘horrific’ sex attack on teenage boys
- Man found dead in wood by his wife, inquest told
- Sellafield tops ratepayers list (1 comment)
- Retired teachers vow - ‘We’ll work for free to save St Bees’
- Bransty's Beth is going Gaga for global superstar (1 comment)
- Breaking news: St Bees School to close down (36 comments)
- Man, 43, killed himself