Continue We want you to get the most out of using this website, which is why we and our partners use cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to receive these cookies. You can find out more about how we use cookies here.

Wednesday, 01 July 2015

Subscriptions  |  evouchers  |  Jobs  |  Property  |  Motors  |  Travel  |  Dating  |  Family Notices

Celtic lose rub of the green

CLEATOR Moor Celtic could not add to their unbeaten run when they went to Ashbrooke Belford House last Wednesday.

Dan McDermott hit the Hoops’ consolation late on as Ashbrooke hit Celtic with a goal either side of half time.

Celtic have an early chance to put things right as the pair meet this Saturday in the Monkwearmouth Cup Quarter finals. The club have a bus on for supporters which will leave the club at 9.30am – contact Herbert or Peter if you require a seat.

The Wearside League have announced that the winner of the Ashbroke Belford House/ Cleator Moor Celtic v Ryhope semi – which will be played on Saturday, April 14 – will host the final on Bank Holiday Monday May 7 so the Hoops have it all to play for.

Manager Matt Henney and the lads will hope for a better performance than the on put up against Peterlee Town last Saturday. Things started brightly as Padley hit the first effort at the keeper. Adam Croft hit one but Divine saved and Padley shot over from a free kick.

Gareth Evans shot wide Evans and Padley linked up but the final shot went wide.

Crawford and Morris had chances for Peterlee but on 28 minutes Peterlee were in front as Andrew Morris hit one past Divine and that was the way it stayed.

The second half saw Celtic on the attack. Darren Johnston saw his shot saved by Griffin. From the corner kick Craig Padley hit the bar and you sort of knew it was not your day. From a Divine kick up front, Dickinson and Fowler linked up but Griffin saves yet again.

And then the sucker punch: David Night ran past two would-be tackelers and played in Crawford who side footed the ball home past a helpless Divine.

Dickinson beat the Peterlee high line but shot wide. The last ten minutes with Celtic looking for something saw Craig Scott have his own battle with Griffin and it was the Peterlee keeper that came out on top as Scott headed his first chance wide but minutes later Griffin saves from Scott as he did minutes later as Scott had two headers which the keeper saved. It was his day and not Celtic’s.


League tables

Hot jobs
Search for:
Whitehavennews Newspaper