Celtic find net three times in Peterlee rout
Published at 11:50, Thursday, 08 November 2012
FOLLOWING the disappointment of yet another cancelled away game Celtic officials worked with the league and agreed to go to Peterlee at short notice.
Manager Matt Henney decided to play himself along side the skipper Padley and Rooney in a five-man midfield. Peterlee had the first chances though as Paul Taylor and Michael Noble had half chances. Celtic replied with Dunn and Padley’s free kicks – Dunn’s hit the wall while Padley saw his saved by Donalson. Paul Carr was booked as team mates McManus and Hope wasted chances.
Dunn had his shot saved but on the half hour Celtic took the lead. Redhead’s shot was saved but Dunn reacted and fired home his 16th of the season.
Celtic’s lead was short lived as Peterlee hit back and pegged Celtic back after only four minutes.
Peterlee’s full back Liam Dunn played a long ball over the top and Martin Hope brought it down superbly and fired past a helpless Divine.
Ten minutes remaining in the first half and Celtic went looking for another goal.
Redhead had his shot saved, And Henney played in Hall Donalson whose shot was saved.
Bradley Rooney has been a real sensation this season and fired in a free kick. Dunn flicked it on and Craig Corkhill headed home to give Celtic the lead once more.
In the second half Matt Henney complained of double vision and gave way too Darren Little.
Leigh Dunn added to Celtic’s tally as he hit his second of the game to give Celtic a two goal lead.
Rhys Little shot wide with Celtic’s last attack of the game but there was still time for the ref to book both keepers.
Peterlee’s Donaldson was booked for shouting foul language at his opposite number and Divine was booked for getting involved.
Celtic have two away games coming up with the Shipowner’s Cup Semi Final at Sunderland West End on Saturday, November 10. Celtic then go to Ashbrooke Belford House for the second time. The last time they went the game was postponed and Ashbroke failed to show at McGrath Park for the return last month.
Published by http://www.whitehavennews.co.uk
- Only way is up for young filmmaker Russell
- Fellrunner Joss inspires new piece of music
- Family notices, deaths
- Two arrested in assault probe
- Union: ‘hospital bosses miserly’ (1 comment)
- Laura Dewhurst and Christopher Donnell
- THE NUCLEAR WASTE DEBATE
- Charged with making indecent images of children
- 1961: Pig-skin shoes and winkle-pickers all the rage
- Isle of Man day trips
- Cumbrian man due in court on 11 rape charges
- Joanna back home after collision horror
- Happy ending for grandad’s fairytale (4 comments)
- More hospital services ‘at risk’ (5 comments)
- Cumbria police appeal after man dragged from taxi
- Charity party goes ahead despite police concerns
- Viking Way route unveiled (2 comments)
- West Cumbrian pair jailed for burgling house
- Dinner lady Katie served them well
- New mining project engages community (2 comments)