Continue We want you to get the most out of using this website, which is why we and our partners use cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to receive these cookies. You can find out more about how we use cookies here.

Wednesday, 29 July 2015

Subscriptions  |  evouchers  |  Jobs  |  Property  |  Motors  |  Travel  |  Dating  |  Family Notices

Bransty need penalties to move on in Memorial Shield

BRANSTY needed penalties to beat Frizington and move into the next round of the Focsa Ken Glover Memorial Shield.Premier Division

The two sides could not be separated after two hours of football. The impressive Ryan Sisson gave Frizington the lead but Bransty hit back through Mark Callon.

The teams traded goals through Barry Armfield and Connor Holliday and there was a continued stalemate in extra time as it finished 2-2 and penalties were called.

The visitors held their nerve to win 4-3 on penalties to move on.

Mirehouse also marched into the next round as they inflicted a 7-1 defeat on St Bees. Carl Lofthouse hit a hat-trick for Mirehouse, with one each from Michael Ferguson, Jake Smith, Stephen Priestley and a penalty from Ryan Smith.

Saints’ consolation came from Scott Metcalfe.

Andy Hinde scored a hat-trick as Silloth made round three of the Shield with a stunning 5-0 win over Whitehaven Miners and Netherhall got revenge for their league defeat to Longtown with a 4-2 win.

Warwick Wanderers scor-ed a last minute goal throu-gh John Irving to beat Harr-aby Catholic Club Youth 2-1.

Aspatria beat Carlisle City 3-1 in the ISS Peter Dawson Benevolent Cup while Borough lost 4-2 to Wigton Harriers in the JJ Club Whitehaven Cup.

In the league, Windscale beat Whitehaven 2-0 in the second division, with strikes from Andrew McDonald and Ryan Lowery.

Wigton v Netherhall

Workington Red House v Carlisle City Reserves

Division One

Silloth v Warwick Wanderers

JJ Club Whitehaven Cup

Cockermouth v Cleator Moor Celtic Reserves


League tables

Hot jobs
Search for:
Whitehavennews Newspaper