Special training session for rising Cumbrian stars
Last updated at 12:36, Friday, 13 April 2012
Some of the brightest young talents on the local RL scene met at Glasson Rangers this week for special training session.
Players from the Under-13 and 14 West Cumbria Service Area Player Development Centres were put through their paces in the session.
“The coaching has been supported by both Whitehaven and Workington Town, as well as community talent coaches from the local community clubs,” said Alan Davidson, Cumbria regional manager.
“The Player Development Centres are designed to support a broad approach to talent development, enabling players who have demonstrated potential the opportunities to progress through the talent pathway.”
Training sessions will be held throughout the summer season at local amateur clubs.
The Under-13 PDC is the first step on the talent pathway for emerging players, before they transition to the Under-14s.
First published at 11:29, Friday, 13 April 2012
Published by http://www.newsandstar.co.uk
- Send north Cumbria hospitals concerns to Prime Minister
- New government plan to deal with radioactive waste (1 comment)
- Parton is such sweet sorrow for runner Andrew
- Bill Brown buys Keano’s car
- School’s out for ever for Hilary
- Ministry scuppers bid for Sunday train service (2 comments)
- Teacher with a class of 6,000!
- Amy’s silence will be golden
- Summer of misery as roadworks begin
- Trust apologises for care failure over OAP’s death
- £1.80 an hour to park in Whitehaven town centre? (6 comments)
- Happy ending for grandad’s fairytale (4 comments)
- Joanna back home after collision horror
- Cumbrian man due in court on 11 rape charges
- More hospital services ‘at risk’ (5 comments)
- Cumbria police appeal after man dragged from taxi
- Teenager bared genitals in front of youngsters
- West Cumbrian pair jailed for burgling house
- Charity party goes ahead despite police concerns
- Dying woman left to wait for hours in Carlisle hospital A&E