Continue We want you to get the most out of using this website, which is why we and our partners use cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to receive these cookies. You can find out more about how we use cookies here.

Friday, 03 July 2015

Subscriptions  |  evouchers  |  Jobs  |  Property  |  Motors  |  Travel  |  Dating  |  Family Notices

Seaton A back in black after win against Hensingham

The two bottom teams in the First Division of the Cumberland Amateur Rugby League provided the only top flight game on Saturday.

They had played nine games between them, without winning any, and Seaton A were actually in the red after being docked three points. But the 30-10 home win over Hensingham got them back onto nought as they now share bottom spot.

It had been fairly tight in the first-half, with Seaton A leading 12-6 at the break but they pulled clear in the second period.

Brett Symes picked-up the man of the match award for the home side, who scored five tries through Keith Hunter (2), Dave Watson (2) and Ben Nixon. Duncan Moyle kicked five goals.

Josh Hillier was the best in the Hensingham ranks and he landed a goal to add top the two tries from Jamie Glasgow and Callum Tunstall.

The other scheduled game between leaders Distington and Wath Brow will be played on Tuesday night.

As usual the Second Division delivered a pile of points – 210 from just three games.

Aspatria scored their third win in style, beating Frizington 70-8 after building-up a 32-4 advantage at the break.

Mark Irwin and Richard Holliday led the way in the 14-try massacre with a hat-trick each while Luke Johnson kicked seven goals.

The other tries came from Kenneth Bowes (2), Chris Scott, Daryl Creighton, Craig Hamilton, Paul Cuthell, Allan Douglas and Johnson.

Frizington, who had won three of their previous five League games, could only manage a try in each half from Jamie Flavell and Paul Bradley.

Kells A should have been second in the table with three wins from four matches, but they have also fallen foul of authority with three docked points.

However, they got those back on the field with a 56-6 win at Lowca which actually lifted them into the top four.

They scored 11 tries, headlined by Carl Schofield who crossed four times while Martin Thompson touched down twice. The other tries came from Craig Kirkbride, Ryan McGuiness, Brad Smith, Nathan Mann and Ben Milburn. Darren Wilson and Milburn each kicked three goals.

Luke Penrice got over for a Lowca try and Scott Rooke added the goal.

As in the First Division the bottom two also clashed but this time the bottom side, with a minus points tally, came off worst – Salterbeck going down 42-28 at Glasson A.

Glasson celebrated their first win in five starts with tries from Brad Hughes (3), Jordan Kerr (2), Carl Armstrong (2), Lee Ferguson and John Ritson. Armstrong kicked two goals and Barrie Goodfellow put over another.

For Salterbeck there were tries from Ryan Stoddart, Zac Payne, Dan McNicholas, Chris Boyd, Steven Scurr and Brendan Fitzpatrick. Owen Wood and Fitzpatrick each kicked a goal.


Hot jobs
Search for:
Whitehavennews Newspaper