Road reopens after triple crash
Last updated at 10:19, Sunday, 22 June 2008
Police reopened the A596 last night four hours after several accidents happened within a few hundred yards of each other.
Three people were taken to hospital after firefighters cut them free from vehicles involved in the collisions - all on a short stretch of the A596 between the Thursby roundabout and Crofton turn-off, west of Carlisle.
None of them are believed to have suffered life-threatening injuries.
Cumbria Police say the accidents, involving several vehicles, happened just before 7pm.
A van, recovery truck and car were involved in the initial collision. There were two subsequent accidents nearby shortly after.
Police warned motorists to take extra care because of surface water sitting on roads across Cumbria.
More rain and high winds are expected to hit Cumbria today.
First published at 21:14, Saturday, 21 June 2008
Published by http://www.newsandstar.co.uk
- Clean-up mission needed for pond
- Man caught with child porn images
- Huntsman: The great betrayal
- Egremont continue title surge
- Nearly 100 getting back to fitness among friends
- Fell meat... direct from farm to your table
- Cycling event will put town on map
- Cumbrian council chiefs under fire over farming and tourism
- You’re hired: partnership secures apprentice training
- Beehive memories
- Cap’n Senny’s to shut and become flats (11 comments)
- Unions slam health bosses for "betraying community" (6 comments)
- What now for Whitehaven's old Woolies store? (15 comments)
- Council sets out stall for Market Hall’s future (2 comments)
- Cyclists get on their bikes in memory of David
- Roper Street residents plagued by rats (1 comment)
- Help to decide councillors' allowances (5 comments)
- Egremont Crab Fair 2014
- Pensioner injured in town centre bus crash
- Family asks: have we been sold a pup? (15 comments)