Whitehaven man's firearm trial adjourned
Published at 11:19, Thursday, 13 December 2012
TONY Harvey, 23, of Whitehaven, has been remanded in custody on firearm charges pending Crown Court trial.
Harvey, of Crummock Avenue, is accused of possessing a firearm – a sawn-off shotgun – and ammunition. He is also charged with having the weapon in his possession before a period of five years from the date of his prison release was up.
The case was adjourned until January 2.
The charges follow an incident at Windermere Road, Woodhouse, on Saturday (December 8) to which police were called.
Two other Whitehaven men, 27-year-old Lee Blinco of Copeland Avenue, and 24-year-old John Pears of Lakeland Avenue have been charged with police obstruction and bailed to attend West Cumbria magistrates court on January 2 and December 19, respectively.A man in his 30s and a woman in her 20s were released without charge.
Published by http://www.whitehavennews.co.uk
- Cumbria’s NHS is failing cancer patients (1 comment)
- Free parking plea to help Egremont businesses
- Experts trace Chris’s family roots to the White House
- St Bees pupils face 'a year of disruption' (5 comments)
- Come and support Sarah’s fundraiser
- 'The find of a lifetime' - Viking hoard unearthed (1 comment)
- Seascale mum’s charity jump after friend’s cancer diagnosis (3 comments)
- Backlash fear as Labour rejects power-sharing offer (19 comments)
- ‘Whitehaven is a special place’ - wine guru Oz Clarke
- Nicky Clarke: From Hollywood to our harbourside
- Thousands backing campaign to make Cumbria Scottish (137 comments)
- Conservative Stevenson retains Carlisle (105 comments)
- Carlisle Utd in further talks with "billionaire"
- Stagecoach making changes to bus routes across Carlisle (35 comments)
- Action to tackle starling problem in Carlisle city centre (25 comments)