When you want fun, you need your buddies!
Last updated at 11:53, Thursday, 27 February 2014
ORGILL School held a ‘buddies’ week to offer children something fun to do in half-term.
By Mark White
Every day the Egremont school had a theme with the week ending on Mardi Gras Friday.
Nicola Branney, teaching assistant and organiser of buddies, said: “We’ve had a really good week with about 15 children here every day.
“Although the days are structured, they do have freedom too as it’s their holidays and the main focus is for them to have fun.”
The week consisted of a monster day, a pyjamas day, arts and crafts, and a wind and kites day.
“There’s lots for them to do with tennis, table tennis and football in the hall,” Nicola said. “There’s also building blocks, arts and crafts and they have access to the whole playground outside.”
The ‘buddies’ week is open to ages three to 11 and is taking place again for the Easter holidays.
Nicola added: “With the weather like it is this time of year, we just want to offer something for the children to do in a secure, safe environment.”
First published at 10:41, Thursday, 27 February 2014
Published by http://www.whitehavennews.co.uk
- Jamie Reed's election rivals named (1 comment)
- Controversy over Civic Hall plans
- Iconic memorial poppies to come to Whitehaven? (2 comments)
- Whitehaven is one of the safest places to live (5 comments)
- ‘When I was finally diagnosed, it was a weight off my shoulders’
- Extra bobby on the beat (1 comment)
- Top award for Jessie
- Man ‘sorry’ for club incident (6 comments)
- Who foots blaze bill? (2 comments)
- ‘No regrets’ - trader Carla takes matters into her own hands (6 comments)