Take your dancing partners please!
Published at 12:21, Thursday, 26 June 2014
WHITEHAVEN Sports Centre played host to 370 pupils country dancing.
By Mark White
Val Bell, school sports coordinator at St Benedict’s School, said: “We’ve been doing this for about 10 years. All the schools learn the dance and then we all come together and do it as one.”
Copeland School Sports Partnership runs the scheme in which 13 schools took part. They were: St James’ Infant, Valley Primary, Frizington Primary, Jericho Primary, St Bees Village, Hensingham Primary, St Bridget’s, Parton, Kells Infant, St Gregory and St Patrick’s, St Bridget’s Primary, Egremont, Beckermet, St Patrick’s, Cleator Moor and Arlecdon.
Three Year 8 boys from St Benedict’s School performed a street dance for the children and four Year 10 girls performed their version of Mamma Mia.
“It went brilliantly, the children learnt a lot in terms of fitness, coordination, teamwork and listening skills,” said Val. “Some of the children dressed up too but it was all just about having fun and we will definitely be doing it again next year.”
Published by http://www.whitehavennews.co.uk
- Caged for ‘horrific’ sex attack on teenage boys
- Bransty's Beth is going Gaga for global superstar
- Retired teachers vow - ‘We’ll work for free to save St Bees’
- 'I had to quit West Cumberland Hospital, but I deeply regret it' (4 comments)
- Jake, 2, will be 'dearly missed' by devastated family
- Fight to keep maternity ward rages on
- Sellafield tops ratepayers list
- What's On Guide: March 26 to April 1
- Science Week
- Mum of Keswick bus crash victim dies aged 51 (8 comments)