Car flips on to its roof in Whitehaven crash
Last updated at 16:18, Friday, 01 February 2013
A YOUNG motorist had a lucky escape after his car dramatically overturned.
A Vauxhall Corsa – being driven by a 17-year-old man – flipped onto its roof on Cleator Moor Road, close to the entrance to Whitehaven School.
The incident happened at 3.10pm on Thursday, just before the school finished, and neither the driver nor any passers-by were hurt in the incident.
The road was partially closed as the emergency services worked to clear the scene, on the junction of Cleator Moor Road and Queens Close.
Engineers also attended to make the scene safe as the car had struck an electricity box.
First published at 16:42, Thursday, 31 January 2013
Published by http://www.whitehavennews.co.uk
- Rediscover Cumbria's war history
- Rita, 100, joins Rita, 100, for a party!
- Heroes spotlight falls on those close to us
- Fresh bid to fill 44 hospital vacancies (1 comment)
- A lesson in protest power
- PM ‘dodges’ question from Maddy, 10 (1 comment)
- Improvement in death rates, say health bosses
- Mums back campaign for maternity services (1 comment)
- Streets ‘pitch black’ for eight months (1 comment)
- MP tells Commons of ‘toxic distrust’
- Inspira lands new National Citizen Service contract
- Carlisle Racecourse’s marketing recruit
- Skilful students show why sessions are sew successful
- Cumbria teen Sarah urges other young people to take part in scheme
- ‘We must keep up to technological speed’
- Nurse’s treatment providing non-surgical loss of inches
- Get plugged in to opportunity
- Hammer falls on lots of properties
- Milestone represents seven years of safe working
- Becky follows in the artistic footsteps of her illustrious Lakeland ancestors
- The sick playground of sadistic care home staff
- Cumbrian hospital matron who abused her position apologises
- Furness family of Jay James rally behind X Factor star ahead of live show
- Prime Minister urged to help secure future of Cumbrian steel plant
- Lurcher stolen from Cumbrian allotments
- Man became depressed after being falsely accused of rape, inquest told
- Cumbria police probe van and cycle crash
- Watchdog warns South West Cumbria residents of doorstep fish sellers
- Man suffers facial injuries in Barrow Park assault
- One of two missing monkeys from Cumbria zoo found (7 comments)