Six weeks to go to big festival
Last updated at 15:07, Monday, 23 April 2012
MANY festivals around the country have had to fold due to the current economic climate but luckily Whitehaven’s is still able to go ahead.
“The main effect the economic situation has had on our festival is that ticket sales tend to be slow,” said organiser Gerard Richardson. “But we are convinced that the support will come because it always does.”
The festival runs as a not-for-profit three-day event organised by volunteers.
“All the income we get is required to fund the event. We just need to make sure people buy their tickets for the big gigs,” added Gerard.
Tickets for Katherine Jenkins, Best of the Seventies and The Charlatans/The Enemy are available from Richardsons, in Lowther Street, telephone 01946 65334 or go to the festival website www.thewhitehavenfestival.co.uk. Tickets for the Charlatans/Enemy gig are on sale in Threads, on King Street.
Wristbands, which allow access to the Sugar Tongue, will be on sale from next Friday.
First published at 11:08, Thursday, 19 April 2012
Published by http://www.whitehavennews.co.uk
- Barrow man jailed for animal cruelty (23 comments)
- Two teachers suspended from Barrow school (11 comments)
- Barrow duo in court over cemetery shooting (11 comments)
- Barrow dad killed in Cumbria crash named (12 comments)
- Tributes paid to Barrow father of twins killed in collision on main road (8 comments)